Why must people try New Champs in Normals?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griffinzo

01-20-2013

I mean come on go do a bot game to at least know there abilities and get an idea of whats going on. Ive played with a nunu that kept trying to walk during his ult, fiddles that walked during drain, and just other dumb people. I dont mind losing I just dont understand why players dont use the valuable resource of practicing.

KnightxSScarlett

01-20-2013

I can play any champ with any build and still win in a bot game. Do you honestly think that bot games are useful?

LoneWolfBrian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

I usually play a bot game with them first unless I have played them once or twice before.

Griffinzo

01-20-2013

Just for understanding abilities and lanes. Plus were level 30 at that point its fine. Im talking like 20-15 and below maybe. Play intermediates learn and then play normals to your hearts content.

Doumz

01-20-2013

Because normals are versus humans and humans aren't reacting like bots.
Yes, there are terrible people that don't look what the hero they just bought is good at and how he should be played without having the personnal experience to understand that themselves so they end up building terribly wrong, playing like trolls, and/or raging after you. The solution: ban new champions in normal if you dont want that or just play the game, it's a normal and the ennemy team can be worse.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-20-2013

You'd rather them try the new champion in ranked?

Mich567

01-20-2013

In my early levels, I went 23/7 with Renekton in my first match with him in a normal. It's stupid to not do a bot match first though; I now realize that understanding the abilities, combos, build, etc... is pretty important. However, if you look at their abilities, their damage, and/or a build first, you can try them in a normal with no experience (just not a ranked... no, just no). I personally like to develop a build first, but the only way to REALLY learn is to play a normal.

Voyles

01-20-2013

Why take Normals so serious? Instead of ELO Hell, you are in Normal Hell?

Slashinghardest

01-20-2013

bots don't teach you anything at all. NOTHING. every build is a good build in bot games. every combo is a good combo in bot games. any lane strat is a good strat in bot games.

Onij

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
Why take Normals so serious? Instead of ELO Hell, you are in Normal Hell?
It's because of the loss of experience and IP per game. Remember when those actually mattered to you before level 30?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashinghardest View Post
bots don't teach you anything at all. NOTHING. every build is a good build in bot games. every combo is a good combo in bot games. any lane strat is a good strat in bot games.
He already said to learn what abilities do. Who cares how you build. He mentioned nothing about someone building poorly, just that people didn't understand how a champion's mechanics worked...