Jax's ultimate active

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tipzntrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

I know people realized that an automatic 10 stacks would be ridiculous, and others wanted him to stand up to casters. Hence, he got his MR bonus active instead of stacks, but I personally think he should have been set in his role as anti-autoattacker.

People (including Riot developers) seem to only think that the active MUST give full stacks (paragon of demacia, old Jax ult). Why can't you add just a few stacks?

Try these two R's for size:

Active: Jax adds 1 stack of Relentless Assault.
Mana cost: 30
Cooldown: 10/8/6 (if relentless assault lasts 4 seconds, CDs are 12/10/8)

This keeps people from stacking charges while not attacking, even with 40% CDR, but it gets Jax going more quickly.

Too weak? Try this:

Active: Jax adds 1/2/3 stacks of Relentless Assault.
Mana cost: 30/50/70
Cooldown: 13

As Relentless Assault feeds itself, it is the hardest to get the first few stacks. Starting with a little boost gives Jax what he needs to get the ball rolling without the ridiculous 10 stack boost.

What do you think?

ScorpioRage

10-20-2010

I think that it should give full stacks. It would make Jax more viable, and less of a wind up toy, which you usually only get half wound before you either die or the team fight is over.

ZTD09

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

I like its current active tbh. But I don't see the use with this all that much because you're essentially just putting an auto attack into an ability. Which is far weaker then magic resistance on a champion that dies a lot already.

YYZed

10-20-2010

I was honestly thinking more like 4 as a constant as the AS scales and the 3rd hit scales, so I dont think the active needs to scale that hard.

Also he can't really anti carry well in a 5v5 map, but who knows. If Magma Chambers really does turn out to be a map more about 1v1's and 2v2 and 1v2 encounters then Jax could emerge as a top tier character on that map.

Genacyst

10-20-2010

Imo make leap strike, empower, and counter strike all add stacks of his ult. Especially considering guinsoo's stacks with spells.

Shalsy

10-20-2010

Full stacks would be too much, Jax is devastating with full stacks.

Maybe a bonus3~4 stacks would be nice.