How to run the lolClient at a lower priority?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Conman0210

10-20-2010

Simple enough question, with a few minor twists...but I want to be able to run the client at a lower priority (preferably the lowest) automatically upon startup. The twists?

- I'd like to be able to do this while still launching from the launcher...I have a lurking suspicion that this may not be possible though.
- To add onto this, if it IS indeed possible to run the client at a lower priority from the launcher...is it possible to run the actual game client at a higher priority as well?

If it matters, Im running Win7 64 bit.

Much thanks.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

FFXIV likes to run automatically at Low, so its certainly possible for a program to change its priority.

The problem would be that both the matchmaking client and game client are launched by other programs, so I'm not sure what your options there are. Microsoft's resources are probably more useful here.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaritie View Post
FFXIV likes to run automatically at Low, so its certainly possible for a program to change its priority.

The problem would be that both the matchmaking client and game client are launched by other programs, so I'm not sure what your options there are. Microsoft's resources are probably more useful here.
LolLauncher governs the priority of the rest of the process, change launcher to low, they're all low.

OP, this might not work, changing it to low causes the client to crash at the end of every game (for me anyways)