Thresh's Lore is.......

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroSoulreaver

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloriousKaiser View Post
Does it make him look like a saturday morning cartoon villian?
At least cartoon villians have some personality, Thresh just sounds so boring.

Xulsigae

01-24-2013

Being sadistic does not carry a story. Mundo is sadistic, and yet I find his lore more engaging, and he seems to have something to gain from being in the League (testing new drugs etc). Thresh may be out to torture and gather souls, but who does he get them from in the League?

Thanias1

01-25-2013

Come on people, Thresh lore is fine. It does its job to describe who Thresh is and paints a vivid picture on what he's doing. At this point I think people like you wouldn't be happy with any kind of lore Riot releases.

Literally Bronze

01-25-2013

I have a diffrent view on thresh's lore and quotes.
pros-----
He doesn't apear to me as the sunday morning cartoon vilian.
more or less he seems like a real life serial killer.
He is sarcasticly mad with his taunt and his moveing lines.
He stalks whoever he is interested in for weecks before he takes them to his prison in the shadow isles.
He has a prefered method of torture. chains.
his kit makes him realy thrive on that pain his team causes.
UNLIMITED TURTURE in his prison.

meager pondering----
-how old is thresh?
-the shadow isles? are they 3 isles, 4 , 5 20? how big are they, seriuosly all these champions are coming from there, and so many own aton of land. Karth has a whole kingdom, elise atleast has two or three caves, thresh owns a large prison to acomadate everyone he's taken there over his life time hecarim roams so there must be alot of forest, eve needs some people to drain from so there must be a beach of a town.
-how are minions dropping souls? they are AI units, in their lore. Is the instatue of war putting peoples sould inside the minions, if so does the instiutute of war have some secret underground darkside with people like fiddle, and etc.
-his involvement in the shadow isles, i think is parralel to karthus's where both simply go to the shadow isles to use it's sacred power of life after death. Where before they where normal people.
- his team fight thing, where he is played as support, just seems to me he likes the fear and suffering, and he is indifferant to if he kills them or not, long as he gets the soul.
-tldr-
minions are AI units, how are they droping souls?
he likes suffering
he is mad
he is sarcastic
he uses chains, not blades.
I think he's more likely to know karthus then hec, eve, or elise since they both are large shadow isles land owners.
cons--
nothing about shadow isles.

Xulsigae

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanias1 View Post
Come on people, Thresh lore is fine. It does its job to describe who Thresh is and paints a vivid picture on what he's doing. At this point I think people like you wouldn't be happy with any kind of lore Riot releases.
It says what he does. He tortures things. And was a warden. Really...not much else in my opinion.
I like a lot of other lores actually. Lore used to be much better from Riot. I'm not asking for Tolkien level lore, but they can do much better.

Phantasus

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by R°yale View Post
Killed your girlfriend again, Inuyasha! huehuehue
I rofled.

I agree with you, OP. His storyline is very linear. To that third poster, consider his character value versus... say... Galio, or even Varus (When the lore team was winding down). They don't quite need to be so full of emotion, but it simply lacked creativity. And I thought Zed's lore was lacking... that being said, Zed and Thresh are my two favorite champs atm, but I feel little connection to them.