Why don't you surrender!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weaver2

10-20-2010

I think some people watch too much anime and/or underdog sports movies and seem to have in their heads if the situation gets bleak enough they'll turn super saiyan and decimate the other team by themselves while the enemies go "WHAT? THIS CAN'T BE!!!"

OneEyedWenis

10-20-2010

Never surrendering in real life is admirable. Perseverance is a train more people should have.

Unfortunately, some people don't seem to realize that a video game you've clearly lost is different from real life.

They should just change it so 3 yes vs 2 no = surrender. At that point the majority does not want to play anymore so why should the two force you to keep going?

Minutemade

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver2 View Post
I think some people watch too much anime and/or underdog sports movies and seem to have in their heads if the situation gets bleak enough they'll turn super saiyan and decimate the other team by themselves while the enemies go "WHAT? THIS CAN'T BE!!!"
you obviously dont watch enough...

Cat Eyed Liar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Sometimes you can have a real turnaround, even when it looks like you're about to lose.

One game, we had all our turrets and one inhibitor down, when we scored an ace and counter pushed. We won the game.

YUNGKOREA

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeupToBread View Post
we couldnt farm every time we went in a lane they'd force us bakc and kill one of us, I did not feed I was trying to get them away from our base and I almost destoryed a tower, its not purposely feeding at all =/
You only have your Mid Turret. Both of your lanes & inhibitors are dead. Your lanes are pushed. Do not push and just farm the creeps inside your base. Your going to get more gold at this time, getting better gear.

Weaver2

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCath View Post
Sometimes you can have a real turnaround, even when it looks like you're about to lose.

One game, we had all our turrets and one inhibitor down, when we scored an ace and counter pushed. We won the game.
This is true and it feels great, but the other 90% of the time it's just a painful prolonging of the inevitable defeat coupled with another 5-20 minutes of my time wasted.

Red Tunic Link

WakeupToBread

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCath View Post

Games like that are rare, though they do happen, but this wasnt gonna be a turn around, they were very fed and jungling too, our xin wasn't great and kat could kill xin and lux in seconds =/, even if we had pushed they could have gotten down our turret and nexus in 5 seconds, it wouldn't have mattered.

SparrowMaxx

10-20-2010

There is a line. I almost never surrender before 30 minutes, because you can say nothing about a game unless the laning phase is REALLY bad. But if they have more people decently fed than us, up 15+ kills, and my team is stupid, I'd surrender and everyone probably SHOULD.
But even if you don't, saying no to a surrender when we have no towers, it's 10-35, and we have 2 inhibitors down is not stupid, it's saving time.

gizmo572

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Glory to the first man to die!