Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fixing the purple side.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RightClickYou

01-21-2013

easy solution to fix this problem is to allow the camera to be zoomed out just a little more.

done, that's it.

adc

01-21-2013

Quote:
Ustemuf:
easy solution to fix this problem is to allow the camera to be zoomed out just a little more.

done, that's it.

Now everybody zooms out because it's the only way to play, so you can absorb more information. Now you have the same "problem" of having blue side having "more" vision.

Gimpyloser

01-21-2013

I feel your pain OP. Go to twitch.tv and watch the guys there stream. They will show you how it is corrected. Unlock camera always. I'm with you though, playing with camera unlocked was news to me until about 3 months ago and after thousands of games, it is hard to change from locked to unlocked. I wish something were changed so purple bot lane could have a bit better vision with a locked camera.

Bleak18

01-21-2013

It would be nice if there was a self-rotation option for the camera maybe using the arrow keys. Personally, I don't enjoy playing with the camera unlocked. I played a map against a Blitzcrank, and I'm not sure if he was intentionally exploiting the camera angle or not, but I kept getting grabbed from off my screen. Yes, he was on the mini map, but that doesn't help me see that he's possibly getting ready for a grab. Rather irritating lol

HamburgerPony

01-21-2013

Quote:
Quaternion Man:
I already use the camera unlocked like that, but I find it difficult to keep the camera unlocked, keep track of where my character is, last-hit under the tower, keep an eye on the enemy ADC, keep an eye on the map and keep an eye on chat (since I don't always Skype with friends.) all at the same time. Once the laning phase is over, it doesn't make much of a difference I think but prior to that purple is hell to farm in unless you're pushing your lane to keep it in the middle of the lane, or even closer to their tower.

Besides, blue also gets access to the golems in the bottom lane whereas purple doesn't. We can't really guard the blue either, because that means leaving our lane and losing farm (and, depending where you are in the lane, this could take a lot longer than is recommended to leave lane.)

Then LoL isn't for you. That's what all people have to do in every lane

I Z Z I

01-21-2013

There's no problem with purple side. There's a problem with you.

RightClickYou

01-21-2013

Quote:
AD Bottom:
Now everybody zooms out because it's the only way to play, so you can absorb more information. Now you have the same "problem" of having blue side having "more" vision.

The fact that the purple side can't see whats already revealed to them on the mini map is stupid.

Blue side does not have that issue.

This would make it equal, blue wouldn't gain any advantage - zooming out doesn't let you see through the fog.

Necroing

03-09-2013

Purple team is pure garbage. It's 2013 and Riot can't fix the camera view to make it look the same as blue side which is really sad. I never play Aram's or blind pick because of being on the purple side. I play with an unlocked camera however it's just plain nonsense where I can't see that far ahead on my skillshots. If I end up landing on purple I always pick support. In draft pick I'll que dodge second pick most of the time and in proving grounds I always go team 1. I played Ranked in Brazil making it to gold however I stopped because of this new league system and the fact that que dodges means league point loss. However according to this new update 03/07/2013 if you don't pick a champion, everyone gets kicked out of que and it doesn't count as que dodging. This will make me play ranked and stick to first pick(blue side).

Necrotikz

03-09-2013

It's not as hard as youre making it out to be, it really isn't...

It's all about building awareness, and working on your multitasking skills.

Any perceived advantage you think one side might have, real or not, dissipates within the first few minutes of the game. And once level 6 or 8 comes around people are generally going to be roaming or preparing for multi-prong attacks.

BouncingDonut

03-09-2013

Im not sure what hes trying to say but all i know when i use to have my screen Locked it was super impossible to farm at top lane. i think they should just switch the camera view if your on the purple team so top lane would be bot lane and bot lane would be top lane. (then what ever the meta is atm would go where they would be put)