Fixing the purple side.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quaternion Man

01-20-2013

Does anyone know if there are any plans for the purple side of the map being altered?

Currently, if I stand at the turret, caster minions aren't even on my screen. Am I supposed to juggle watching the enemy ADC (to stop myself dying), trying to last-hit around towers, and watching the mini-map for their possible backup/ganks? This in addition to having to unlock my camera to even try last-hit the purple minions.

I don't know anyone who doesn't hope they get blue over purple, and I also know my friends do their best to push hard, instead of just farming, when they're on blue because it makes it so difficult for purple to farm.

Is there some magical trick I'm missing here? It seems like pushing purple even near their tower, not even under it, makes life so much more difficult than it needs to be.

RAGE larksshire

01-20-2013

I'm assuming you're talking about bot lane?
I haven't personally noticed an issue with purple, although, I have heard many complaints, perhaps try getting more familiar with playing with your camera unlocked, as this allows much broader vision options of the entire map, and not just your lane.

Also, many supports ward the river brush, which provides very little warning (time-wise) to upcoming ganks. Perhaps try having river itself warded and/or the exit to their jung, this should provide more warning, regarding the gank threats.

Boagster

01-20-2013

There is no trick you are missing, just a trick you are ignoring. Unlocking camera is the way to go. Besides removing the disadvantage of playing on Purple with a locked camera, it will allow you to get overall better map awareness as well as seeing more relevant information at a time (teamfight happening and you are the ADC, staying out of the fray? Keep all the action on camera instead of just half the fight). You can always use the spacebar to immediately snap back to your character, or re-lock if necessary.

I could care less what side I get, except when jungling. I honestly prefer Purple for jungling, but it's a matter of preference rather than for any game-play advantage.

Quaternion Man

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
There is no trick you are missing, just a trick you are ignoring. Unlocking camera is the way to go. Besides removing the disadvantage of playing on Purple with a locked camera, it will allow you to get overall better map awareness as well as seeing more relevant information at a time (teamfight happening and you are the ADC, staying out of the fray? Keep all the action on camera instead of just half the fight). You can always use the spacebar to immediately snap back to your character, or re-lock if necessary.

I could care less what side I get, except when jungling. I honestly prefer Purple for jungling, but it's a matter of preference rather than for any game-play advantage.
I already use the camera unlocked like that, but I find it difficult to keep the camera unlocked, keep track of where my character is, last-hit under the tower, keep an eye on the enemy ADC, keep an eye on the map and keep an eye on chat (since I don't always Skype with friends.) all at the same time. Once the laning phase is over, it doesn't make much of a difference I think but prior to that purple is hell to farm in unless you're pushing your lane to keep it in the middle of the lane, or even closer to their tower.

Besides, blue also gets access to the golems in the bottom lane whereas purple doesn't. We can't really guard the blue either, because that means leaving our lane and losing farm (and, depending where you are in the lane, this could take a lot longer than is recommended to leave lane.)

Pads

01-20-2013

Press.
Y
Press
SPACE
Optional:
Hold
Space

... if you're having trouble with map awareness in LoL, NEVER PLAY SC2

AmieChan

01-21-2013

It's still hard to play for me no matter if I move my camera. I have been trying to play correctly but hwen I do I die a lot. I wish the map was different for the purple side.

Zswords

01-21-2013

I do play unlocked, and I do enjoy the game, but boy do i wish the game was rotated... oh... 45 degrees Clockwise? So that river and mid were parallel to the edge of my computer screen, with Bot and top forming the odd angles. Or giving us a form of complete camera rotation, that'd be nice too. >.>

That's just my take on it though, I have adapted to normal play, and I'll stay adapted all the same. Just, sometimes, would be nice... ya know?

whiteandnerdy42

01-21-2013

Well, if you're having trouble locating everything, remember to hit space bar to go back to your champion; and yes, remember to last hit all the minions even if it is slightly difficult.

TruckRockpec

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zswords View Post
I do play unlocked, and I do enjoy the game, but boy do i wish the game was rotated... oh... 45 degrees Clockwise? So that river and mid were parallel to the edge of my computer screen, with Bot and top forming the odd angles. Or giving us a form of complete camera rotation, that'd be nice too. >.>...
I like this idea.

To the OP, the only thing I can offer is that you ought to treat checking the minimap like checking your mirrors while driving; every seven seconds. It tells you what's nearby but off-screen, and if you're not habitually checking the minimap, you aren't getting value out of wards.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

Can't fix what isn't broken.