Why I Hate the Metagame and Their Bans in Solo Q

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mouseantler

01-22-2013

Hello, it's me again.

Do I enjoy the metagame?
Why, yes I do!

So, why would I make this thread!?
Because I hate people who think they know the meta.

When it comes to ranked matches people will make very biased bans for no reason whatsoever.

"I saw it in a tournament once, so it must always be a viable ban."
Of course, this is just a very fake example but this is what I would imagine goes through their heads when making bans.

It really bothers me when I still see MorganaXShen getting banned in my games 'cuz I get on my smurf to play some ranks with my friend.

Seriously, they have no idea why they ban champions like this either.
"Shen is OP 'cuz tank."
Clearly.

I am just ranting but it is rather annoying. I'm not sure they even understand the importance of bans and picks.

I feel bad for anyone that has a comprehensive understanding for anything and is still stuck under at least 1200 ELO.

Kahleesie

01-22-2013

I always ban shen. Not because he's a tank, but because he's bloody annoying. There I am killing someone... and boom. Shen is there, and I die. Or we start a teamfight at Dragon because its 4v5 due to Shen taking the second top tower.... boom, now Shen got the tower AND its 5v5. Or you're trying to kill shen, it takes a bit because he's tanky.... boom, he's gone.

Mouseantler

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahleesie View Post
I always ban shen. Not because he's a tank, but because he's bloody annoying. There I am killing someone... and boom. Shen is there, and I die. Or we start a teamfight at Dragon because its 4v5 due to Shen taking the second top tower.... boom, now Shen got the tower AND its 5v5. Or you're trying to kill shen, it takes a bit because he's tanky.... boom, he's gone.
Well yeah, Shen is banned for his ultimate. His global presence is really good. You still have to realize though, you ban Shen to prevent his astounding split pushing, which is what he excels at in full. He is still strong in the meta but not as strong as in S2, so this ban should not be overlooked. I just get this stupid feeling when playing with them that they are just banning him for stupid reasons. I guess it's not a problem but it is still annoying.

SeCKS Egai

01-22-2013

Shen has been seeing bans regularly since I started late season 1. Morg on the other hand, i don't think I've ever seen her in a typical ban list.

Amumu and Shen are typical bans, at least whenever I get into Ranked/Draft unless its dom.

Mouseantler

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSeCKSx View Post
Shen has been seeing bans regularly since I started late season 1. Morg on the other hand, i don't think I've ever seen her in a typical ban list.

Amumu and Shen are typical bans, at least whenever I get into Ranked/Draft unless its dom.
I concur that Amumu should definitely by a typical Solo Q ban, more so than he was in S2. I am just a bit upset that Riot recalled the nerf on his ultimate. He is rather strong right now, a bit too strong.

A lot of AD casters usually make the typical ban list too, but apparently not at lower ELOs.