The Emergence of Phishing = "Report Post" Feature Must Be Implemented

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Incineration

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Topic says it all. Downvoting takes too long to solve the problem and it's not viable to have people email support@riot each time it comes up. Neither does it work to wait for Reds to see it (even though they're prolific on the forums). As it stands now, after business hours naive players are especially vulnerable to forum phishing scams.

You need to build the feature and assign some CSRs to handle the tickets submitted as if they're priority, and you need to do it ASAP.

Lightyears

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

I emailed support about the dude about an hour ago.

I think he got hacked. Level 30 with recent games. No need to blow his account away like that.

Polaritie

10-20-2010

...Okay...

We need Jesse Pering to step into the forums for a sec. All these evil people will die in shame in his presence.

No really, get Mr. Pering in here.

Politburo

10-20-2010

post #2 is an example of said phishing attempts

Incineration

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froozog View Post
Theyve already implemented it, login here
click submit report, add thread ID and youre good
ROFL wow. Get destroyed, kid.

Polaritie

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disolve View Post
ROFL wow. Get destroyed, kid.
I think Riot may have Eve on this already. The link got edited.

Quantumprophecy

10-20-2010

Honestly, it takes Riot weeks to deal with reports in game. A report function on the forums wouldn't do anything. Atleast the downvote system can be used to lock it, or if naive people see theres a ton of downvotes on it, they might think before clicking it.

Polaritie

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumprophecy View Post
Honestly, it takes Riot weeks to deal with reports in game. A report function on the forums wouldn't do anything. Atleast the downvote system can be used to lock it, or if naive people see theres a ton of downvotes on it, they might think before clicking it.
True, but since there's been red posts in the last 20 minutes or so, and the links are being nuked, I think its under control... ish.

Riot, I suggest revoking all logins, and reverting passwords. Preferably, with the e-mail of a recent backup being involved somewhere.

RaptorSenpai

10-20-2010

Is it this d2k5 guy? I accidently clicked on his link and I immediately clicked exit tab. It didn't load the page but will I have a keylogger/ virus already?

Polaritie

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imumybuddy View Post
Is it this d2k5 guy? I accidently clicked on his link and I immediately clicked exit tab. It didn't load the page but will I have a keylogger/ virus already?
Load your anti virus and scan. Now. Generally the safest course of action.