Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Theory on Leona and Diana, and Nami to an extent.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NovusLion

01-19-2013

After hearing some rumours and speculation on the relationship between Diana and Leona I have decided to voice my own opinion, that focuses more on not who they are now, rather who they used to be. Specifically the figures seen in the mural of Diana's preview. In this Mural we see the Avatar's of the Sun and the Moon now represented and Leona and Diana. we see that the Avatar of the Moon is clearly begging for mercy or else shocked, showing that these two must have been close before this event. My theory is the the Sun Avatar was tricked into killing her counterpart and after that was overwhelmed by anguish and sorrow for she has just killed the one she loved, not so much being lovers but being metaphorical sisters which we see a lot in literature commonly Greek, see the connection again. As a result the Sun Avatar sealed herself away with her "sister" to keep her body protected from those who would become the Solari, likely the council that ruled alongside the two Avatars, going back to ancient Sparta where it was ruled by a council and two kings, in the case of the Rakkor the two kings are the Avatars and the council, following the disappearance of the Avatars, would become the Solari as such the Solari wouldn't have formally existed before the Death of the Avatar of the Moon. We know that Leona refused to kill, and still regrets to see death, could this be because of the regret of her predessecor? Most likely. Now for Diana we know that in literature and myths she is represented with three faces. Now two of these faces can be seen with Diana, with the crescent and waning moon. Now the full moon is heavily related to the tides, and Nami is the Tidecaller. We also know that a full moon cannot exist without a lot of reflective light from the sun. Maybe the ritual which requires a Moonstone and an Abyssal Pearl involves both the Avatars. Likely the full power of the Sun Avatar would destroy the Moon Avatar, and maybe the Abyssal Pearl acts as a dampener of sorts, allowing the Avatar of the Moon to reach full power safely. In return the Tidecaller receives the Moonstone, that has slowly been absorbing the moonlight for however long to ensure the protection of the Tidecaller's People.
And the cycle repeats.

GotRickRolled

01-19-2013

is there are tl:dr version?

Birdy51

01-20-2013

Interesting... I see you've done a bit of histrorical research on this.

Considering Riot may have dug back into history a bit for their inspiriation. I really like this theory, and I could consider very plausible. Excellent job my good man!

Impeccablize

02-23-2013

Isn't this just what I posted..? Except for the part about Leona