this player is a probie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheshire Lunacy

01-19-2013

Yes its true I have recently downloaded the game no more than 6 days ago, I am learning the ropes rather fast, and having fun with my team, I have recently hit summoner level 10, haven't done a normal match yet as I feel I can still benefit from beginner co-op vs AI matches before heading against a real player

I don't want to pull down or "gimp" my team by not yet understanding the full mechanics of the game,

Something I usually do when in the champian select is warn the team I am indeed a newbie player, and not to worry I do my very best not to feed.

I tend to follow a bit of an obscure strategy of those who run away live to fight another day. And that If I am dead I am of no particular use to my team mates.

I have found many players are thankfull I take that approach, As I am sure they preffer me trusting my judgement and returning to bace if im low on health

(also Lux ray...it gets you every time when you stick around at low percentige health.)

well thats all I have to say other then I have been finding my self enjoying playing miss fortune,

also if you feel there's any advice or usefull video tuturals that would benafit me, feel free to say it.

(also ps can someone tell me where to find that awsome music thats streemed on the 24/7 high elo matches)

Hidden Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Just try actual player vs. player matches. Being passive is easy against AI since they don't tend to punish you either way and they rarely chase. Unless you play against actual people, you won't really be prepared.

Miss Fortune is someone that can be really punishing if you play her right. Her passive lets her run from battles as well as chase exceptionally well, so it's all about knowing when to take advantage of it. In group fights, you'll want to ult once the other team is clumped up. She can put out a ton of quick burst damage before actually having to commit to a battle.

The other thing I can say is last hit... last hit... last hit. Farming is absolutely essential! Against players you are not guaranteed easy kills and minion gold adds up much faster than kills. Approximately every 14 minion kills is equal to a kill. Don't fall behind in farming or it's the same as giving the enemy kills.

a Fatality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

I highly recommend that you take some time to read the game play guides posted on www.lolpro.com
These guides are written by certified professional players to give you insight on everything from playing a particular champion, to how to play a particular role.

Also, when you play against other players do not let negative comments bring you down. It's unfortunate, but many people tend to let emotions over run common decency. If players accost you, point out that you are new, and that it's better if they help you than yell at you. Reporting players who exhibit negative behavior is well with in your right.

Cheshire Lunacy

01-22-2013

oh hey it's me the probie again, I have been visiting those sites offered to me and got my first triple kill in a beginer co-op vs ai match so i am getting better but I still freel their is much more I can learn before going into a normal match so feel free to poke me with more useful info.

also. dores any one know why when i click thumbs up on a post there person gets a downvote? is this a glitch on the forums??

RealMouse

01-22-2013

Might be a forum glitch. if you want someone in game to hang with, feel free to add Realmouse. I am lvl 30 and not very good, but i have picked up a lot of information (just having problems implementing it) and i do not rage

see you on the fields of justice!

Kuryaka

01-22-2013

With experience, you'll know when you can commit and when you should run away.
Play PvP games as soon as you can. Bots are pretty dumb. They won't go back unless their health is low enough, and won't act any more cautious until they retreat. On the other hand, they also have full map vision and can hit you with perfectly-aimed blind skillshots.

After figuring out how to move around and use a champion, the only thing you can really learn from Co-op is last hitting. Land the killing hit on a minion, get gold, get rich.

RealMouse

01-22-2013

an important thing to remember is, when last hitting, you will not get them all. pick your targets carefully and try to avoid minion traps. sounds a lot easier than it is (still working on that one myself).

Alcowpwn

01-23-2013

Its time for you to start playing normals. You don't want to wait until you are above level 12-13ish until you start or you are gonna be in for a whole new rodeo when you start playing normals. The gameplay is completely different and teamplay becomes a factor. Also dragon and baron become integral parts of teh game as well as the jungle and warding. I'd start normals ASAP and start learning how the "real" game is typically played out or you're just going to gimp yourself if you wait any longer.

wHiSkErTeMx73744

01-23-2013

People already said this, but if I was a LoL mentor I would have told you to try a PvP game many level ago (like.... at level 6).

You will only get truly better at the game by getting a feel for the REAL rhythm of the game. That can only be achieved by playing with REAL players.

Tazimuss

01-23-2013

My name is Tazimus. I recently saw the guys at AchievementHunter.com do a 'Let's Play' with League of Legends. I thought it looked cool so I looked it up. It's free and millions of people play it. Awesome. Great job. Seriously.

THEN

I played the tutorial, which taught me to walk, attack, and buy stuff, but not much else.

THEN

I decided that LoL seems pretty cool, so why not try my hand at an online match with real people? Great, awesome idea, and with all the support LoL has, it should be easy, right?

NOPE

When I tried to join MY VERY FIRST ACTUAL GAME, it said I was CURRENTLY ASSIGNED TO A GAME.
I wasn't. I have never played a game of LoL aside from the tutorials. Ever.

I waited 20 minutes, as some of the forum posts have said to wait, but alas I AM STILL ****ING ASSIGNED TO SOME SORT OF IMAGINARY GAME THAT DOESN'T ****ING EXIST!!!!! NO AMOUNT OF CAPITAL LETTERS WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW ****ING MAD I AM RIGHT NOW.

I went from 'this game seems alright' to '**** this ****, I'm letting them know how I feel'

I followed the proper channels and since I am a new user/member I decided to post this here.

In closing I'd like to say that Riot will never get my support from LoL or any other game or media they produce. I will post this story everywhere as a flag to those that want to try. I will make facebook pictures of guys with face-palms and text saying "You are currently assigned to an existing game'. I will find out who actually made this game, their names and addresses, and send them junk mail. I will do everything in my power to get this point across:

I AM NOT ASSIGNED TO A ****ING GAME THAT DOESN'T EXIST!!!!!

What's worse? This very forum has had this problem before, and the only solution is to 'wait'. By the way, in the time I've been typing this I tried to join several other times, with the same message.

LoL looked like it might have been fun, but I'll never know. Thanks for ruining my LoL experience before I ever even had it.

Sincerely,

Tazimus Maximus, new and former player of League of Legends