Buff Garen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaeoz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale View Post
Destroying Ward was not a good idea in the first place. Now it's fixed, good.

And you talk like going up against a competent player when using the easiest champion in the game and not rofl-stomping the other team is a bad thing.

Garen is easy to use, that means he should be balanced. Learn to use an actual champion please.
Its idiocy like this on the forums that makes me lose faith in this community.

You begin by assuming the ward destroying mechanic was broken. No. In fact.... all physical damage (PbAoE... non target skill shots USED to be able to do this but now pass through wards) have always done damage to wards. Wards are innately immune to magic damage but not physical damage. It is intended that all physical damage destroys wards. Garen's E is physical damage. Thus it is intended to break wards. Its not a "bad idea" per se because I doubt this utility was one of the principal uses of judgment that were intended... however, it is a consequence that arose and showed potential... and the use showed creativity in using skills. I'm sure a lot of other skills have non-intended consequences as well... Eg. Shaco's jack in the box blocking skill shots (Can't tell you how many times I've blocked a Morgana Q from killing me or a Blitz grab).

Secondly, you seem to assume that he should need to "play better" because he has an easy champion. WELL HELLO. THAT"S THE ENTIRE POINT OF AN EASIER CHAMPION. THE SKILL CEILING IS LOWER! He could play adequately overall but still produce JUST as good results as someone who plays Anivia very well because Garen has a low skill ceiling. Is this bad? No. Is this frustrating for low and mid elo players? Yes. Because frankly.... they're all bad...... They can't play every champion adequately... and it feels like its "cheating" for one person to be able to produce similar results while not putting as much effort into playing.... well... this is intended... because otherwise we'd have every champion be like ****ing Anivia/Corki.

Thirdly... I don't know what you mean by "he's easy to use so he should be balanced." Is there even a point to saying that? I mean... you seem to suggest that if someone is HARD to use they shouldn't be balanced..... Like Anivia should be the best champion in the game because she's hard to use well..... No.....

Sigh.....

Inb4 Wall-o-text crit me for over 9000

xbombr

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Oracle's is much too expensive to be worth it compared to vision ward in lane phase, unless there's a Twitch/Eve/Akali that you also have to deal with, or your enemy was really weird and bought like five wards just to keep you out of the bushes forever.
Or a Teemo.

Or if you want to do dragon and make sure it isn't warded. Or perhaps making sure a buff isn't warded up before you or a teammate takes it. You can check grass in the river for wards.

The thing about oracles is that you have it until you die and Garen is REALLY hard to die with.

Krathalos

10-20-2010

All he needs is a rework on his skills.

Lower base damage, increase AD ratio. Bye-bye Sunfire stacking Garen.

Shashakiro

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbombr View Post
Or a Teemo.

Or if you want to do dragon and make sure it isn't warded. Or perhaps making sure a buff isn't warded up before you or a teammate takes it. You can check grass in the river for wards.

The thing about oracles is that you have it until you die and Garen is REALLY hard to die with.
Okay, my list wasn't complete, fair points. Though for just general ward-checking it's a little risky early-game (he's not invincible or immune to ganks by any means) given that 400g is quite a bit early on. But point taken.

YYZed

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestry View Post
No.

First buff alistar
I concur.

Mr Zafrada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Just adjust his skills to do true damage.

This minor tweak will fix him.

Sobel

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jester View Post
you might say that he's

* puts on sunglasses *

working as intended.
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA H
Post of the topic. Must've been downvoted for rage.

BACKSTABUUU

10-20-2010

I took the time to read it.

No.

Hello Garen, welcome to the bad farming melee DPS club, finally decided you weren't too good to be with the rest of us huh?

Mikori

10-20-2010

I saw in the game files they're giving garen a 40 sec invis on his Q..

YYZed

10-21-2010

Well obviously my thread wasn't so absurd that it wasn't closed in less than an hour.

More to the point is I no longer see Garen as a ban pick. Honestly, do you really see Garen win everygame he is in? fact of the matter is that alot of the popular picks are easily able to stay out of Garen's range or are instead tanks. As such its harder for him to get fed and actually scale well throughout the whole game.

TL;DR, Garen isn't worth a ban anymore, he doesn't singlehandedly win games like Amumu, Galio, Kog, or Morgana can.