Buff Garen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Punk Weight

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by briocloud View Post
you're wrong at every level.

this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderAssassin View Post
First off, Garen's a tank, not a dps. Second, his destroying wards was bs, Third, you're a troll.
oh and this

and I'll just leave this here for the lulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyte Crawler View Post
After that his scaling begins failing him and he becomes a more ignorable hero similar to Mordekaiser.

haaaaa.. you trollin.

YYZed

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
"Garen ain't..."

stopped reading.
I know ain't ain't a word, but I felt like it was fitting considering Garen is portrayed as a mouthbreather.

Shashakiro

10-20-2010

Squishies can't ignore him, even late-game. I've taken more than one badly positioned level 18 Twitch from full to dead as Garen.

That being said, wards are an annoyance for Garen's lanephase, not a hard counter. If the ward is really hurting him, then he can counter with a vision ward, which costs 125g, factoring in the +25g from the ward kill, and get his bush back for at least 3.5 (likely longer) minutes. Most enemies are much more gold-hungry in lane than Garen, so the 90g for 125g trade isn't a bad one at all.

WarlordLucifer

10-20-2010

Better suggestion:
Don't buff nor nerf garen, fix him already

Lower base damage
Increase AD scaling
Make all his skills scale off AD

Stormsoul

10-20-2010

Quote:
First off, Garen's a tank
this is completely false. Shen is a tank. Amumu is a tank. Galio is a tank. Rammus is a tank. wanna know why they're tanks? they can reliably initiate as well as being very tough. garen is just very tough, he has zero initiation ability. Right now garen is a beefy DPS who is incredibly tough, but as nyte crawler says he really doesnt do much of anything lategame outside of his ult, except to the squishiest of characters (like say MF or twitch). Garen was intended to be a melee DPS, which he.. kind of is right now i suppose, but i'm thinking riot intended him to be built as a DPS or at least as a hybrid between tank and DPS, not just stack sunfires/FoN/GA to victory.

YYZed

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Squishies can't ignore him, even late-game. I've taken more than one badly positioned level 18 Twitch from full to dead as Garen.

That being said, wards are an annoyance for Garen's lanephase, not a hard counter. If the ward is really hurting him, then he can counter with a vision ward, which costs 125g, factoring in the +25g from the ward kill, and get his bush back for at least 3.5 (likely longer) minutes. Most enemies are much more gold-hungry in lane than Garen, so the 90g for 125g trade isn't a bad one at all.
You've brought up good points, but obvious that mispositioned twitch was building 100% offense... he should atleast get a banshee's veil or a GA.

I do consider your statements valid though, and they only support the fact that Garen's Judgement damage does need to be reduced for tank build, but increased for carry build.

d2k5000

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

Free Pax Jax and Riot Singed skins
http://**********************************/ THANKS RIOT!!!

Asinity

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormsoul View Post
this is completely false. Shen is a tank. Amumu is a tank. Galio is a tank. Rammus is a tank. wanna know why they're tanks? they can reliably initiate as well as being very tough. garen is just very tough, he has zero initiation ability. Right now garen is a beefy DPS who is incredibly tough, but as nyte crawler says he really doesnt do much of anything lategame outside of his ult, except to the squishiest of characters (like say MF or twitch). Garen was intended to be a melee DPS, which he.. kind of is right now i suppose, but i'm thinking riot intended him to be built as a DPS or at least as a hybrid between tank and DPS, not just stack sunfires/FoN/GA to victory.
Playing him DPS doesn't work. It's called "Oh judgement?" Stun you. And you're out for the fight. I know he has no initiation, but there's nothing else you really can do with him.

Noob Mexican

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jester View Post
you might say that he's

* puts on sunglasses *

working as intended.
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA H
i lol'd

YYZed

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderAssassin View Post
Playing him DPS doesn't work. It's called "Oh judgement?" Stun you. And you're out for the fight. I know he has no initiation, but there's nothing else you really can do with him.
No, his role is dps though, even though he builds tank he is a dps char.

When you think Tank most good players generally think characters who can initiate a fight.