Buff Garen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YYZed

10-20-2010

Please Read and actually contemplate what I said, this is not a troll post.

Garen isn't nearly as good as he once was, and this last patch ruins him against competant players.
Now, Garen can't destroy wards anymore, does this really ruin him?

Yes, yes it does, Garen's only a true God in two parts of the game, the lane, and the start of midgame. After that his scaling begins failing him and he becomes a more ignorable hero similar to Mordekaiser.

Now why does his inability to destroy wards ruin him? Allow me to explain.
Because competant players can go buy a ward to shove in a bush, and now you can use ranged harrasses to slowly force him to back out of that certain bush and heal, or he could begin to go after you and may face kiting or death.

One second, before someone says "but judgement cleanses slows!" this statement is true but by using it to get out of being slowed he can easily lose a precious tick or two of his judgement.

Now, what I'm saying is that against competant players who are actually willing to invest gold in an early ward to avoid feeding an enemy, the old bushcamper Garen won't work anymore.

For people who say that, "but I don't feed Garens because I don't go near bushes." I'm sure you denied feeding him, but he also probably kept you at your tower, fearing the spin. And as such you lost farm.

Anyway, I'm saying now competant players will much better be able to counter Garen's intimidating lane presence and then all Garen will be good for will be his Midgame. But wait! if he doesn't get fed then won't this effect his midgame survival? Yes it will, exactly my point. Simply said chances are he will now join midgame with maybe just merc treads, definatly not with a rushed sunfire, he may be able to get one of its other components though. This hampers his midgame though.

My point is that in combination with his overall nerfs, and now that warding a bush is a viable counter to his early game dominance, his early game snowballing is lost, and as such so is his midgame presence. Who cares about his late game presence? it isn't much anyway besides a skillshot eater.

After reading this, do you think you will be able to counter a Garen in the lane as long as you have some kind of ranged harrassment in the lane? and if you do will his entire game be hampered?

One more statement. Remember Jax? He got nerfed so many times overso, and even when that last nerf went live people said "he's still viable." and now after his buff he still isn't considered very good. There was also Fiddlestix, whatever happened to him? And what about Alistar? He was once the undisputed best tank in game. I bet you haven't even heard of his name since pre-season. The community needs to learn when a champ has been overnefed, as so many champs have gone from OP to the trash bin.

So do you think Garen deserves some kind of buff? or atleast his judgement should scale better with AD?

Bloodpaly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

I wouldn't mind seeing him getting a scaling buff IF the base damage on judgement was nerfed, and his silence didn't give max duration at rank 1.

BrioCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

You're wrong at every level.

Asinity

10-20-2010

First off, Garen's a tank, not a dps. Second, his destroying wards was bs, Third, you're a troll.

YYZed

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderAssassin View Post
First off, Garen's a tank, not a dps. Second, his destroying wards was bs, Third, you're a troll.
Yes as a tank he definatly creates alot of opportunities for his team.

/end sarcasm.

Yellow Jester

10-20-2010

you might say that he's

* puts on sunglasses *

working as intended.
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA H

Stormsoul

10-20-2010

i think the whole physical abilities destroying wards things was a dumb bug and needed to be fixed, first of all. secondly, i'd love to see his base damage nerfed in favor of better AD scaling (and possibly some better scaling on his Q with ad, maybe make it able to crit?). Guinsoo said in another thread that they "havent gotten around to fixing his scaling yet", so maybe it's already on the slate, who knows.

Ricardo L H

10-20-2010

Quote:
After that his scaling begins failing him and he becomes a more ignorable hero similar to Mordekaiser.
You failed there

Gale

10-20-2010

Destroying Ward was not a good idea in the first place. Now it's fixed, good.

And you talk like going up against a competent player when using the easiest champion in the game and not rofl-stomping the other team is a bad thing.

Garen is easy to use, that means he should be balanced. Learn to use an actual champion please.

Afflictid

10-20-2010

"Garen ain't..."

stopped reading.