Why did I get suspended for such a short amount of time?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kryse

01-20-2013

So, I've just started playing this week. I had some issues connecting at first so I got disconnected a few times before I even started the game. Would that make my account become higher up on the Tribunal list or whatever?

I went afk for 5 minutes to help out with some chores outside. When I got back, I found that my account was suspended. Is it really supposed to be this harsh that if I have an emergency for 5 minutes, I get my account suspended for a whole day??

Andarel

01-20-2013

LeaverBuster is League's automated system for dealing with people who cannot or do not remain in game. There is no leniency on it except for the scaling punishment, and it takes into account emergencies - if you don't leave for a while, your leaver penalty will get reduced. There's no way you were suspended after just one AFK. Also, if you go AFK for 5 minutes you are automatically kicked from the game.

Basically, there's nothing anyone can do about it except for only playing games when you know you can stick with it.

Also, it starts at a warning - so you'd definitely had connection issues in the past.

Kryse

01-20-2013

Okay, so also I did get to reconnect to the game and help finish the game when I came back from being afk. We even had a victory.

Who should I talk to to try and get this resolved?

Andarel

01-20-2013

You can try contacting player support, but I recommend just...not leaving games for a while. That'll get LeaverBuster to reduce your penalty level.

Hidden Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryse View Post
Okay, so also I did get to reconnect to the game and help finish the game when I came back from being afk. We even had a victory.

Who should I talk to to try and get this resolved?
There is nothing to get resolved. LeaverBuster is an automated system that bans you if you AFK or leave games. You first receive a warning, then a short 24 hour ban if you continue to leave or AFK in multiple games in a short period of time.

Your LeaverBuster level will gradually decrease over time as you play games to completion which allows for some leniency in case you have to leave during an emergency.

Otherwise, if you can't make time to fully commit to a game - don't play. You are ruining the game for 9 other players by being AFK and you will be punished for it.