A grappling hook in league of legends? Heracy!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StormDjinn

03-17-2013

Just a thought of an interesting character: The spy. Imagine a 007-type character with random types of movie magic and gadetry. (I'm very open to suggestions, to the numbers or whole moves. All i ask is that we utilize the ult.)

his normal attacks should include the basic pistol i would imagine

Passive "shaken, not stirred": the cooldown of all item's activations are decreased by 20% (GA, Maw of Malmortis, pretty much any item with an active.)

Q- a grappling hook that can take him to turrets/terrain (similar to naut's hook. It should probably have another effect, but i can't think of what. it should also deal damage when done to a champion, no idea how much though)
W- escape artist: removes all debuffs from the spy, and increases his movement speed by 20%, 30% if running towards an allied champion
E- tranquilizer: the spy shoots a tranquilizer dart at enemy champion slowing their movement and attack speed by 50% for 4 seconds.
R- man of mystery: His calling card, the spy changes his appearance for 5 seconds into a random champion on the opposing team. During which time he can use the same abilities as that champion.

His ult would be the hardest to hammer out, but i feel this is what could really make him fun. It's also a very different idea than just becoming invisible like many other champs (rengar, eve, twitch, teemo, etc). Pink wards should still reveal who he is, and it's also a gamble because you could turn into the other teams support OR adc. It would also throw off the other team briefly. Maybe you should be able to decide who you turn into? If so, you could go insane and (if the setup is right) turn into the enemy spy, ult again, and then turn into an allied champion.

The difficult part would be where to play him and how to build him. He may not fit into the current setup, but i still see him as an asset to a team.

jeansstriker

03-17-2013

Hmmm, I like the concept of the champion. Very suave, handsome, possibly French (I think i have TF 2 on the brain for some reason). Im guessing he's like an assassin or jungler perhaps? Maybe ADC? Well whatever, he sounds cool.

Some critiques however:
Passive: Interesting idea for a passive, not sure if it fits with a spy though. Maybe a stealth based passive? or maybe poison based passive?
Q: I like the idea very much. Maybe it can pull you to enemy champs, like Amumu, or even pull them to you sort of in an arcing throw. Like you can say "Pulls champ to target enemy. Activate again to throw target enemy behind you, dealing damage." Gives some more versatility to it.
W: Seems a bit OP for a simple W. Maybe he can pop a smokescreen, and teleport away? and if he's next to an enemy when he reappears, he attacks them?
E: I really like this ability, but 50% right off the bat is much. Gotta scale up to that, man.
R: I really really really like that Ult. That's a game changer ULT right there, but its also very situational because of item builds and stuff. Would he also be able to change into an allied champ if he wants to?

Cryoshell17

03-17-2013

...Gentlemen

jeansstriker

03-17-2013

I just had an idea for his taunt:
"Gentlemen, you have no class whatsoever. Let me show you how it's done." *readies whatever weapon he's gonna use (personally Im thinking pistol)*

Death By A Bunny

03-17-2013

Yeeaaaa the whole point of player concepts is to make something new that you came up with, not take something that exists and write it down. You in particular even used the phrases of the 007 series so that's hardly even a concept rather than you being a 007 fanboy/girl.