Nidalee's Javelin throw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Kuno

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEZTEK View Post
I totally agree you can chase her when she is low ( As garen Tank biult) and just 5 hits with a spear killed me.i also ran after 3 shots but as cougar form she ran me down. i did dodge allot but my team mates (AP ones) 2 shots with spear.. killed them. way to OP. Please reduce damage to her. Thank you

Point blank and moderate range spears don't hurt any more than the average AP Q ability. It's those max range spears that are the ones that 2-3 shot.

And given the Nid spear was only surpassed in slowness by Nami's original Ult, either
1. You and your teammates are moving in a straight line trying to outrun the spear instead of strafing it.
2. the Nid is a very skillful player
3. You and your teammates were just standing still without positioning behind allied minions

Snush

01-21-2013

some one just got pew pew'd by a jav :3

Rampant Poncho

01-21-2013

1. Nidalee's spear is one of the slowest moving projectiles in the game.
2. The spears only hit 1 target and are blocked by ANY monster or minion in the game
3. It is AP Nidalee's only damage source in human form and her only decent damage of all her abilities (cougar and human combined)
4. Close range and mid range spears do next to no damage early game unless you are running over her traps and having your resistances lowered or she got fed very early on
5. Before Nidalee can get mana regen items the mana cost for her spear is incredibly high and if she spams them she will have no mana to harass or heal herself

Any Nidalee player with half a brain will not spam spears hoping that they get lucky, they will position themselves in a manner that will allow for a minion kill using the spear or landing a spear on the enemy champion. Early wards hurt AP Nidalee players a lot if they are trying to abuse the brush for unexpected spear throws. AP Nidalee is countered hard by good positioning, map awareness, and magic resist.

joshuatse123123

02-06-2013

Javelin throw is the only ability that deal some real damage.
If you nerf that, Nidalee would be underpower.

FlongerDonger

02-06-2013

It is one of the slowest Skill shots in the game and as long as your behind your minions you shouldn't have a problem, its like playing against blitz....stay behind minions and move around constantly and you won't get hit