Idea involving Garen and Xin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lee Black

01-29-2013

This is probably a pointless post because it suggests a pretty significant change.
But I had the thought that Garen's and Xin's ultimates should be swapped. My reasoning -

Xin

-Is classified as an assassin; therefore Garen's single-target increasing-dmg ult:

- fits better with his character and intended playstyle than it does with Garen,
- fits better than his current ult does.
-Giant swords don't fall from the sky. A halberd/lance makes more sense in that regard.
-Xin's CC and overall control of situations is frustrating at best and game-breaking at worst (which is more often than not.) This would even address that issue.

Garen
-Is a real heavy fighter/bruiser champ; you throw him into the middle of a fight and let loose. Therefore apply what I said for Xin 1a and 1b. Instead of a curving AoE sweep, though, it could be a linear AoE slam.

Overall I believe this would also make both champions more team-viable (Garen in particular, in his ability to really contribute) and to be honest, more interesting to play. Also as stated, there was the point of making things better fit the character.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

People pay attention to tags?

Lee Black

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
People pay attention to tags?
Is the fact that I mentioned their tags really all you got out of this? -__-

My point was the change itself and the effects it would have...

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBlack View Post
Is the fact that I mentioned their tags really all you got out of this? -__-

My point was the change itself and the effects it would have...
Why? Because you don't like fighting one champion while thinking the other one is too weak based of what you personally feel like dealing with?

Nasulril

01-30-2013

No, and I'll give you why...

A.) Xin Zhao
- Xin Zhao already enjoys strong melee burst in his kit. His Passive, combined with E and Q give strong damage, while his W gives him health regain and an attack speed steroid.
- Crescent Sweep is really the only hard form of CC Xin has. Sure, he has a little knockup, but it's delayed based on his AA, and his charge has a soft slow. The knockback gives Xin his only real escape move, and his only teamfight contribution.

B.) Garen
- Garen doesn't have much damage output built into his kit. His damaging attacks are his Strike, Spin, and Ult. His passive and W are defensive. The Decisive Strike had his speed buff attached to it, so now it is his escape option. Before Garen could exchange by running in with Shield on, Strike enemy, then Spin away. He no longer has that option for his trades as one of his primary damage abilities is also his escape option. His Ult is Garen's best way to put out hurt fast. Swap it with Xin's, he'll do even less damage and become far worse than he is now.

Peligrad

01-30-2013

bad idea...

You specialize a champion too much and they become too hard to balance.

Adding any more single target damage to Xin would break him as a duelist/ganker...but make him useless in team fights.

Adding any more AoE and tankiness to Garen would make him horrible in lane, but make him way too strong in a team fight.

Well balanced champions need to function at all points in the game. Not be absurdly powerful at one stage and useless in another...

JustMyBassCannon

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBlack View Post
This is probably a pointless post because it suggests a pretty significant change.
But I had the thought that Garen's and Xin's ultimates should be swapped. My reasoning -

Xin

-Is classified as an assassin; therefore Garen's single-target increasing-dmg ult:
- fits better with his character and intended playstyle than it does with Garen,
- fits better than his current ult does.
-Giant swords don't fall from the sky. A halberd/lance makes more sense in that regard.
-Xin's CC and overall control of situations is frustrating at best and game-breaking at worst (which is more often than not.) This would even address that issue.

Garen
-Is a real heavy fighter/bruiser champ; you throw him into the middle of a fight and let loose. Therefore apply what I said for Xin 1a and 1b. Instead of a curving AoE sweep, though, it could be a linear AoE slam.

Overall I believe this would also make both champions more team-viable (Garen in particular, in his ability to really contribute) and to be honest, more interesting to play. Also as stated, there was the point of making things better fit the character.
So, basically, remove the only way Xin has to engage a team fight, and make Garen's ultimate pointless.

No thanks

Vuther

01-30-2013

Garen doesn't exactly want people to be knocked back while he has a good AoE ability.

Quote:
what

Gruteng

01-30-2013

garen would be too tanky, xin would be too squishy.No it is not an insignifficant change.

Lee Black

01-30-2013

To Vuther - if it were to be thrown.

Everyone else - point taken, it's true. This sounded better as I thought of it, I guess.