How Does Summoning Work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreamspitter

Recruiter

01-29-2013

FROM THE JOURNAL OF JUSTICE!

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...me_1,_Issue_07

Quote:
"I am a bit confused about the role of a summoner in the League's matches. I have heard from several sources that the summoner actually has full control of their champion during battle, and that the champions simply serve as ragdolls for the magicians to manipulate. Now, here in Piltover we are all big fans of Ezreal, or "The Prodigal Exploiter" as many of us call him. However, the thought that our skillful champion may not actually be doing any of the fighting himself has upset a great deal of us. Can you shed some light on these concerning rumors?" -- Boush
Summoning is the most challenging of all magical disciplines. There is far more to it than simply relocating a being from one location to another. A summoner mentally and physically links with their summoned being (champions, as we call them), allowing for a fluid symbiosis. A champion is not a puppet of the summoner; instead, the champion is the executor of the will of the summoner. A champion is in full control of themselves, but they are fully aware of the importance and the necessity of the summoner’s will. A champion’s duty is to execute the will of a summoner with the utmost precision and execution.

Bear this in mind, Boush: a champion is never forced to be a part of a battle arena where their loyalties and beliefs are not considered. During matches where city-states are resolving disputes, a champion will never act against their own interests. Garen, for example, would never charge out of the brush at a fellow Demacian if the match were about resolving a dispute involving Demacia.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreamspitter

Recruiter

01-30-2013

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...me_1,_Issue_08

Quote:
"So I understand how strong our magic is too control a champion, but one thing has bothered me since I became a summoner. Do we really kill the champions themselves over and over again?" - Eraganus
Constructing a Field of Justice is a truly remarkable feat, and the magic at play is beyond the comprehension of all but the most gifted of magicians. Once a battle begins, the Field of Justice becomes a kind of microcosm. Within this sphere of influence the champion and summoner exist as one shared mind.

This does not mean that the champion is not in mortal danger. Death severs the connection between summoner and host champion and is an extremely traumatic experience for both parties. After the summoner has recovered, they can reenter the battle arena by completing the summoning ritual again. At this point the champion is revived on the summoning platform, once again entering the fray at the risk of their own life. For this precise reason, champions and summoners are a rare breed.