Stats and Decimal Places.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vajira

07-17-2010

So I've looked around online and shuffled through a number of pages & topics on these forums, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for.

Most every rune has a bonus that runs into the decimal places. 0.32 something, 1.5 something, etc.

While its obviously easy to apply that to a percent bonus, its kind of murky to me in terms of the straight +damage or +ability power parts.

What does the game do to the amount after the decimal place in a total bonus of like, +19.32 damage? or +20.03 ability power?

Do I just lose the 0.32 damage and 0.03 ability power as far as game damage calculations are concerned? Or does the game actually keep track of health to the hundredth decimal place? So if I attacked someone with 100 hp for a total damage of 19.32 damage after armor calculations, will they have 80.68 HP left? or just simply 80 / 81?

Vajira

07-21-2010

Bump.

xXCrazyBarksXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

lol i searched this and got this 2 year old abandoned thread

LarcyBrown

01-20-2013

This is pretty obvious , games takes up to 3 decimal after 0 on everything but only shows 1 or 2 depending on where u look.
Most precise numbers can be seen ingame on the status window C key.

for exemple it does show when you have 39.84% cooldown reduction and not the 40% cap.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-20-2013

I think the question isn't really about percentage stuff.

The question is more about flat numbers. Like for example, attack damage.

Let's say I'm Riven and I've got 54 flat AD at level 1. Then I pick up another 15 flat AD from masteries, putting me at 69 AD. And then we go to my runes. Let's say I have nine flat AD marks, giving me 8.5 attack damage.

So my level 1 attack damage as Riven, assuming I buy boots and potions, comes out to 77.5 AD.

So the question is, what do my auto-attacks do to an enemy? Let's assume we're penetrating all of the enemies armor somehow (just for the sake of running this math).

When I auto-attack (no abilities, no passive), how much damage do I do to my opponent?

Does the system take the decimal into account I do 77.5 damage (even though the half point of health isn't shown on my opponent's health bar)?

Does the system round my damage down to 77? Does the system round my damage up to 78? Does the system count it as 77 half the time and 78 the other half the time?

Let's say it rounds somehow, how would it round if I had 77.1 ad? How would it round if I had 77.9 ad?