Elo hell, and bad players that arent in it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DIG KawaiiKid

01-19-2013

http://gyazo.com/386bd8ed9aa794a197225886c0f8598f

apprently that guy I played with was FP, autolock hecarim, went 0/3 called me a noob, wanted enemy to report me, said "you're so bad gtfo" yet his scores are all negative, he mains support, HE HAS 0 POSITIVE KDA, his assists arent even that much, and yet he was 1450 elo, my highest was 1250, hes at 1300 right now with those scores. I dont get it, how can a bike outrun a ferrari? how does one get out of "elo hell", why is he not in it

NaginataX

01-19-2013

I noticed that Elo is really only determined by you first, say...20 games or so. That's when you're winning/losing big chunks of like 20-30 per match. If he had better games early or go carried in those first few games, it doesn't matter if you have a higher win percentage because the first matches are weighted.

It's a completely retarded way of ranking and I'm glad they're going to implement that League system. That's how I ended up with a 60%+ win rate last season yet had a worse Elo than people who had never played (1300)

DIG KawaiiKid

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaginataX View Post
I noticed that Elo is really only determined by you first, say...20 games or so. That's when you're winning/losing big chunks of like 20-30 per match. If he had better games early or go carried in those first few games, it doesn't matter if you have a higher win percentage because the first matches are weighted.

It's a completely retarded way of ranking and I'm glad they're going to implement that League system. That's how I ended up with a 60%+ win rate last season yet had a worse Elo than people who had never played (1300)
yea but wont you get stuck at gold once u reach it? since now even troll can get boosted to say gold, stay there and troll, so theres no more elo hell, but now there will be more trolls in higher ranks wont there?

NaginataX

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mònkey King View Post
yea but wont you get stuck at gold once u reach it? since now even troll can get boosted to say gold, stay there and troll, so theres no more elo hell, but now there will be more trolls in higher ranks wont there?
Well, considering you have to actually earn points based on your wins, and that you have to win a mini tournament to go to the next tier, I doubt any of the serious trolls will be able to pull that off. Think of it more like the number of wins will actually reflect which tier you're in...not just WHEN you won or lost your matches.

DIG KawaiiKid

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaginataX View Post
Well, considering you have to actually earn points based on your wins, and that you have to win a mini tournament to go to the next tier, I doubt any of the serious trolls will be able to pull that off. Think of it more like the number of wins will actually reflect which tier you're in...not just WHEN you won or lost your matches.
wait so, the there are 6 divisions, and 5 tiers in them, besides the challenger, and you get points up to 100 for wins, and when u get 100 u go in a tourny to advance? is that it? do you advance to the next tier, or division? how do u get to challenger

NaginataX

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mònkey King View Post
wait so, the there are 6 divisions, and 5 tiers in them, besides the challenger, and you get points up to 100 for wins, and when u get 100 u go in a tourny to advance? is that it? do you advance to the next tier, or division? how do u get to challenger
Other way around; 6 Tiers with 5 Divisions in each. And yes, for every +100 points you get (keeping in mind you LOSE points for losing matches), you play a "best of 3" tournament to advance to the next division (ie. have to win 2 of the next 3 games), and once you're in division 5, you play a "best of 5" tournament to advance to the next tier.

Also apparently you can fall backwards in divisions from losing but you can't fall back a tier (meaning once you're silver, gold, etc, you can't fall backwards...but you CAN fall back in divisions within the same tier).

My only concern is if you win a 2-of-3 and move to the next division, does that mean if you lose the next match you IMMEDIATELY fall back to the previous division, have to earn another 100 points and have to win another 2-of-3?

LarcyBrown

01-20-2013

not sure where i read it but i heard that if you lose a lot and end up being matched a lot with lower elo players your tier will change and then its double as hard to climb back up another tier.

a Fatality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Funny, I swear I read on the forum behavior thread this kind of thread was expressly frowned upon. Something about following the summoner code, not being a ****** and calling out particular summoners.

DIG KawaiiKid

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFatalFlaw View Post
Funny, I swear I read on the forum behavior thread this kind of thread was expressly frowned upon. Something about following the summoner code, not being a ****** and calling out particular summoners.
Never said who the summoner was, just frustrated that somehow, somewhere, trolls are getting higher elo than me