Getting stuck with support for ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kramsys

01-19-2013

First time trying to play ranked since the new S3 changes and I always manage to get stuck being support(the only role i don't play). Well I have tried support and have only gotten feedback such as go kill yourself, uninstall, etc. and that is for normals. I tell them every time i don't even play support so I am unable to play ranked because I always have to back out.

Yes, i could learn support but I would rather not play than take unnecessary abuse playing a role I don't even like to play.

I've been trying to play ranked for the past 3 hours now but I always have to wait for the timer which is probably at an hour now. Now I don't have enough time to wait and won't be able to even play today.

Hiryato

01-19-2013

Congratulations.

Deadzomby

01-19-2013

If you can't play every role, you are the cancer killing ranked

Kramsys

01-19-2013

And i can only assume that everyone else is the cancer killing ranked since i tell them i cannot support and they all choose the other roles anyway. At least I make an effort, and I tried to support but it would be dentrimental to do so. I at least communicate instead of autolocking and waiting to see what happens, like half the player base. You must be one of the autolocking morons that can't comprehend anything other then top/mid is mine and that is what it is.

Rogerlikesfood

01-19-2013

unfortunately when your last pick people tend to disregard 100% of whatever you say and automatically assume your bad... even though the difference between your elo and the highest elo is probably no more than 10-15
i remember supporting in my early days of ranked and as odd as it might sound you can carry from support. i would say work on your support game a bit as in solo queue the best players can play all roles decently well

Jarlaxle

01-19-2013

Honestly it seems that support is the way to go sometimes. After all the adc can't make plays unless you deem it safe or reachable. The jungler and the support are the parents of the team.

Doumz

01-19-2013

Everyone should be able to play any role decently, but some roles are less fun then other like support (sorry for support fans but same if i play it alot, its only because i hate playing with a bad support). Moreover runes make huge difference at low levels so playing a max of 3-4 roles is normal, personnally i don't have any extra rune pages so i don't have any runes for mid so i know i'm underpowered if i go there.
There should be a special something for people playing support to encourage them playing it because people don't seem to use the honor system a lot to honor good supports and that's sad.

Arinthe

01-20-2013

Support is a pretty easy role to learn. Try out a few and find one you like. Sometimes you will need to support, just learn it.

RAGE larksshire

01-20-2013

While it is always frustrating not getting your desired role, you won't always be last pick, and ranked really does require familiarity with all roles.

Aelenneron

01-20-2013

Support has to be my favorite roles these days, Poke, Heal, CC w/ lots of warding. Don't ever have to focus on last hitting CS so you get to watch the map the entire time.