Buff Hurricane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GUnTI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

This is my second real topic on the forum so here it goes...

What I exactly mean by buff hurricane isn't buff it's damage cause really I feel the damage it gives is actually just fine. What I mean is I feel the range on which the item takes effect could be buffed up a bit cause I've been trying this item on and off and to tell the truth the item is amazing in places like the jungle where areas are small but it really doesn't add anything in lane nor really too much in team fights sometimes cause of the short range of the passive.

This item has kind of made me want to play champions like Varus again because it feels like an item in concept but not so much in execution that works as a viable option for him to build. However really due to the shortness which the range is on the item it tends to not work out that amazingly. Right now I feel as if this item is nearly solid but the range could really use a buff in the passive range direction but not by much entirely. It just feels like unless you pull out something like J4 ult where people are forced to either flash or clump up that you essentially can't fully use this item. Otherwise I feel this item is a great item idea but at the same time it feels rather lack luster or weak atm.

I also would like to say I'm not a master at league nor am I a big number crusher when it comes to league so for all I know any form of range increase could break the item. However in my opinion this could be the way to make it possibly worth using for champions like Twitch, Varus, MF, etc. I just feel right now your better off going BT + PD on some ADCs compared to the possible route of BT + Hurricane which could provide a different dynamic to ADCs.

Edit: For more clarity since it seems that I may not be that clear in what I'm getting at. I'm not referring the distance which the hurricane take effect in but rather the spread of the bolts that the effect of hurricane creates. These are just too short of a range sometimes to use effectively in my opinion with champions who could really use it in a new way.

FreeGothitelle

01-15-2013

I have to agree.
Because of the short range of the passive you often have to get in the middle of the fight if you want it to take effect.....and unless you're kayle that's a pretty horrible idea.

Shiny Yasuo

01-15-2013

Agreed, really needs a buff on its rnage, places adcs in prime position for bruiser ownage

67chrome

01-15-2013

The multi-shot bolts aren't short range, they're just the same range as your auto-attack. Thing is, if you keep the closest target at maximum range the extra bolts won't have anything to hit within your attack range.

I could still see giving the bolts an extra 100 range on auto-attacks for some solid QoL utility on spreading the attack AoE though. Most AoE effects (chain lighting, circular blasts, cones) all extend beyond your targeting range.

TomStheTankEngin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
The multi-shot bolts aren't short range, they're just the same range as your auto-attack. Thing is, if you keep the closest target at maximum range the extra bolts won't have anything to hit within your attack range.

I could still see giving the bolts an extra 100 range on auto-attacks for some solid QoL utility on spreading the attack AoE though. Most AoE effects (chain lighting, circular blasts, cones) all extend beyond your targeting range.
Yes. The range on the bolts is based on your AA range. Which is why i like to build Blade of the Ruined King and hurricane on Tris. Late game she can shred alot of hp form multiple targets at once. You don't need to move forward too much. The problem with the item is the current meta, IMHO. Black Cleaver has made the bruiser seen way too good. Far to often, even before the Preseason changes, I would see a bruiser DOMINATE even after failing top. Why? Because they are the anti-ADC. They often have a Speed boost or slow, or even a pull(Blitz, Darius). With the smaller attack ranges on some of the ADC's they have trouble with hurricane because the bruisers just wait for them to move in and then you are dead.

That being said, with the new meta favoring brusiers so heavily, ADC's have a hard time counter-playing them. I find that building move movespeed and less damage in combination with BotRK usually can keep you in the fight, IF you are careful. Start byb waiting for the fight to start then move in to use AA and Hurricane. But kep an eye on the bruiser's postion, if he moves toward you, back off a bit and hit him instead. The BotRK shouild shred his hp enough that he thinks twice and then you can move in again.

That being said. Just stop playing ADc's i geuss. I mean I have won games with all melee bruisers. Not sure what else there is to do but tank or go bruiser.

GUnTI

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post

The first part of your comment wasn't what I was getting at. Sorry for being unclear on what I was indicating. I was referring not to how far the passive goes to take effect but rather how far the bolts spread after you hit a target. Which is what the second part of your comment says exactly. This is what I agree with. I understand that the bolt's ranges = your range for where you can trigger the effect but the spread is not sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zergling Thom
Yes. The range on the bolts is based on your AA range. Which is why i like to build Blade of the Ruined King and hurricane on Tris. Late game she can shred alot of hp form multiple targets at once. You don't need to move forward too much. The problem with the item is the current meta, IMHO. Black Cleaver has made the bruiser seen way too good. Far to often, even before the Preseason changes, I would see a bruiser DOMINATE even after failing top. Why? Because they are the anti-ADC. They often have a Speed boost or slow, or even a pull(Blitz, Darius). With the smaller attack ranges on some of the ADC's they have trouble with hurricane because the bruisers just wait for them to move in and then you are dead.

That being said, with the new meta favoring brusiers so heavily, ADC's have a hard time counter-playing them. I find that building move movespeed and less damage in combination with BotRK usually can keep you in the fight, IF you are careful. Start byb waiting for the fight to start then move in to use AA and Hurricane. But kep an eye on the bruiser's postion, if he moves toward you, back off a bit and hit him instead. The BotRK shouild shred his hp enough that he thinks twice and then you can move in again.

That being said. Just stop playing ADc's i geuss. I mean I have won games with all melee bruisers. Not sure what else there is to do but tank or go bruiser.
I agree brusier meta is starting to kick in atm and it's making it hard to play as an ADC. However I myself can't come to favor BotRK at all. 4% Current Health with less stats then a BT. I understand why it is but it just comes across on a AD as a damage reducing item really. However since this thread isn't about BotRK I do agree with you as well that prehaps having hurricane's spread increase could allow for builds with such things like hurricane to work out better and be more effective.

Valkyrie EXE

01-16-2013

This has been bothering ever since the first time I've used this item. Thank you for bringing it to light on the forum.

Kholdstare13

01-16-2013

I would recommend a complete change to the range mechanic, and add an area around the target from which to pick secondary targets, more of a true ranged tiamat in that secondary damage is focused around the initial target, and can exceed your normal range.

GUnTI

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare13 View Post
I would recommend a complete change to the range mechanic, and add an area around the target from which to pick secondary targets, more of a true ranged tiamat in that secondary damage is focused around the initial target, and can exceed your normal range.
This idea though would kill the item this is because the reason the current itteration is being considered is the fact it activates certain on hit effects which makes certain champions like Varus better since they have aoe abilities to activate the one technically single target ability when it'd be better to have it kick in on multiple targets. Imagine if this quirk was on Tiamat. It may cause issues that way so they brought it down to a more reasonable number of targets. You also have to take into account that ADCs tend to build a large amount of AD which can lead to a lot of damage even at lower %s.

Your idea isn't incorrect but I feel it'd be an unpractical approach in this case.

RockJockey

01-16-2013

Soviet Swain Approves Hurricane Buffs
-Rockjockey