Locking in

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gale

10-20-2010

One of my matches today I had a Teemo lock in, an Akali lock in, and then a Shaco locked in just to be a ******. Three Assassins is horrible team composition.

Saylu

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unr3alAnGeR View Post
Because it is normal games, everyone wants to roflstomp and no one wants to rely on their teammates being competent. If I want to play Twitch, I instalock him which encourages others to tank and politely ask if anyone wants to jungle. If I wait, I always end up with katarina/teemo/twisted fate/ashe all demanding solo lanes. If I don't feel like carrying, I wait for my teammates to lock in and usually end up picking Amumu/Sona or some other support/tank.

If you really wanted to win normals, just pick jungle Rammus or Amumu. This gives you a huge advantage like 90% of the time. But people don't really care about winning, normals are just about messing around with who you want. Ranked is for tryharding.
That only work if someone in your team is willing to tank in the first place. If nobody is willing to tank, you ended up 5 squishy carrys. Since you locked in, you can only Q dodge or try to win with 5 squishy carrys.

Zarifes

10-20-2010

Sucks for sure...but since I only play with 3-4 man premades = 1support (either me on Sona or bro on Lux), 2 tanks (me: Malphite friend: Amumu) and 1 carry (friend on MF) then we get the PuP who insta locks in whatever he feels like since it doesn't really matter.

Get some friends, play with premades, definitely the way to go. If you also fly solo? I suggest picking up a tank champ...it's your only hope.

Mellow X

10-20-2010

I don't always insta
But when I insta I instalock

Yeah, I usually instalock whoever I'm feeling like playing.
I main a few guys for certain reasons
Singed: beastly tank, physical push ability, great lane power, slow, and AP damage.
Yeah, he does it all in one. He's amazing.
I used to main Jax... but well...
If I feel like carriying I usually go Zil or Singed or some other mage

....what? Why am i typing in a little box....
who are you people...

wat

Cat Eyed Liar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

So is it bad if you instantly lock in a tank?

'Cause you know, I like playing tanks ):

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

The actual act of hitting "Lock In" is my problem, I guess.

They don't lose anything by waiting a few seconds after picking their champ. By locking in, you give up the ability to change if its warranted. You can't get your champ stolen or anything.

Riot should replace Lock In with a "Ready" button for normal games, that lets you undo it.

huhwhat

10-20-2010

I hear you on that, but it gets tiresome being the only tank, and I've been wanting to try out other characters....so sometimes, when I want to win, its about locking a tank usually. If there's someone I want to play though, like atm, Jax, I'll just lock him and do my best tank or no tank.

Xion Moonray

10-20-2010

Because when I tank, the squishies initiate. Then I get blamed for them getting roflstomped.

So I stop trying and just pick who I feel like, because playing DPS/Mage is way more fun than watching your team suicide.

AchYm

10-20-2010

I always pick as last since most people play who ever they feel like playing. So I play most of my games as a tank.