Locking in

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Afflictid

10-20-2010

I'm sorry, but sometimes I'm really tired of being that one that has to adjust. Sometimes I just want to play a character, and I think that that is perfectly fine.

Shashakiro

10-20-2010

Locking in squishies immediately is bad, because you risk having five squishes.

However, locking in Amumu immediately every game probably does not damage your team comp in most cases. It depends more on who you're locking in.

Saylu

10-20-2010

It is normal games, no one really cares. If people leaving or afking is fairly common, Why is 5 squishy carrys even a big deal?

FuriousLeftNut

10-20-2010

It can be annoying.

But, at the same time, I'd rather someone play a champion that they're comfortable with. Not just pick a champion just for the sake of filling in a role they don't even play well in the first place.

For example, I'm not a good carry. So if my whole team locks in with no carry, do I have to pick one? Is it better to do mediocre/sub-par with a carry or do much better with a champion I'm good at?

Optimally, people should communicate more during champion select so everyone can play something they're comfortable with.

But what annoys me the most is someone locking in a champion after one second then says "me mid." I'm so tempted to just lock in eve with rally and revive when someone does that.

Novembrex

10-20-2010

People lock in immediately because they don't want to adjust, they want you to adjust. That or they're a hero that never needs to be adjusted around.

Baalhrezem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

So people complain about sending the bads to normal games, out of ranked, and now the people in normal games complain.

Make up your minds people.

Unr3alAnGeR

10-20-2010

Because it is normal games, everyone wants to roflstomp and no one wants to rely on their teammates being competent. If I want to play Twitch, I instalock him which encourages others to tank and politely ask if anyone wants to jungle. If I wait, I always end up with katarina/teemo/twisted fate/ashe all demanding solo lanes. If I don't feel like carrying, I wait for my teammates to lock in and usually end up picking Amumu/Sona or some other support/tank.

If you really wanted to win normals, just pick jungle Rammus or Amumu. This gives you a huge advantage like 90% of the time. But people don't really care about winning, normals are just about messing around with who you want. Ranked is for tryharding.

Marius Caesar

10-20-2010

I thought early on that i should buy a support char and a carry and eventually a tank so i could "main" three guys that i think are still interesting but allow me to fill all main roles...
I find that my instincts as support are much better than when or when not to commit to a brawl when doing a carry... and i'm still not sure about tanking/initiating with my handful of games with Nasus...
So, i don't know. Would you rather have people filling the roles better or people playing the chars they're used to better?

Vantwan

10-20-2010

Because whenever i instalock as Morde, I basically carry the game.

Marius Caesar

10-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unr3alAnGeR View Post
Because it is normal games
But people don't really care about winning
Man i really need to level to 2X-30. It's like a parallel universe you guys must be living in.