DO you think this champion concept could be brought to life?

Yes. 64 73.56%
Possibly. 13 14.94%
No. 10 11.49%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

[Champion Concept] Sylvia - The Broken Mind

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDivineSilence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

I suppose my reasoning for her ultimate being the way it is, is because I don't want both sides to become powerful. She needs to either be a support or a damage dealer. One side needs to stay normal, while the other is given the gain. This also works with how she is as a character. Sylvia will get stronger and learn that she doesn't have to be afraid anymore and be thankful, but Syl will be left with her basics and she will dislike you for it for choosing the lesser of the two. If both were given bonuses, this concept would make less sense. But again, that may just be my opinion.

Nysta

01-23-2013

She would be getting stronger on both sides but still be taking her role. The problem is that if you designed her to chose whether to play as Syl or Sylvia, you might as well just have created two different characters. You would be getting more defensive stats for putting points into Sylvia and more offensive stats for putting points into Syl. This way the concept gets much more interesting to play! You can still chose what you are going to be, but you won't have to part from the other side of her skill-set. You can decide which side of her should become stronger, and it will, but it will also be visible on the other side of the concept.

In addition to this I proposed those bonuses to only scale two levels (and still be strong) so that you could also chose not to take the third point into Syl or Sylvia without having to sacrifice a great bunch of power. The last part of her ability bonuses are very strong.

But sure, this is your concept, not mine. I just try to make it be an awesome champion instead of merely a good one. If you don't share my opinion, so be it. I think it would be a bit sad though.

TheDivineSilence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

This is the only problem I am having though. Aside for her character-- ignoring it-- letting you play both sides of this character fully... would that not be rather over powered? There is too much strength in that concept, isn't there?

FrackinFrack

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nysta View Post
-edit-

Are you talking about me Frack?
Yep. Talkin to you lol

FIN Sawyer30

01-23-2013

I would love to see this champ being created very soon!!!!

TheDivineSilence

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer30 View Post
I would love to see this champ being created very soon!!!!
Hey, thank you! Simple little things like that make me feel better. It's always great to see an idea being supported by others.

Keledrath

Recruiter

01-24-2013

I have an idea for the stat bonuses on the transformation. Double the values, but they only apply in the opposite form (bonus AD/AP only applies in Frightened Child, armor/MR only in Violent Woman).

Another thing that I think would fit this would be the idea of the magic of the league allowing Syl to take more of a physical form, especially since, by her lore, Sylvia is actually 19. The way it would work would be that every point into Violent Woman (Also, I'm not a fan of that name. It just sounds too bland) would cause Sylvia's body to change. 3 points would make her into a full grown woman (I imagine something like Syndra or Zyra, just because they seem to have similar personalities), making it even clearer that Syl is gaining dominance.

Another idea for how to make going 2/1 or 1/2 on the form choices would be to give those results special bonuses beyond the 3rd form of the abilities. I don't know what the bonuses could be, but I think that would be the best way to encourage that choice.

TheDivineSilence

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
I have an idea for the stat bonuses on the transformation. Double the values, but they only apply in the opposite form (bonus AD/AP only applies in Frightened Child, armor/MR only in Violent Woman).
I like this.

Keledrath

Recruiter

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivineSilence View Post
I had a friend ask me about this too. Basically, dressing her up in leaves is a no for me (unless for that skin spoken of earlier). But she cannot be running about in the nude either. I thought to do what Syl does with her power, just dressing herself with the wind, but what when she dies..? It'll disappear. Again, not okay. So I settled on something that fit her.
I just saw this, and if you are still having trouble, consider adding some connection to Janna into the lore. I could see Janna taking up a caretaker role for a fellow wind mage, especially a young girl with a tragic past.

Reedkage

01-24-2013

I love how in depth you went into this character, even going so far as to write the details of her autoattacking animations and speaking lines! It shows how much effort you put into this champion concept. Hopefully Riot will become inspired by your creation.