How to get free rank, exploit the new elo system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crowcide

01-19-2013

With the new ELO system the best possibly way to get the best rank:
-Play at least 30 games (so your confidence value is set)
-Get your "highest elo" as large as possible
-Get your "current elo" as small as possible

The matching system is going to do your initial placement by averaging your high elo and your current elo.

So let's run some numbers let's say my high is 1500 and my current is 1450. Id be placed in the bracket that 1475 elo players are in and have hidden elo of 1450.

Let's say my high elo is still 1500 but I tank my elo to 700. I would be placed in the 1100 bracket, but my hidden elo would be 700. When I climbed my rank back to what ever bracket 1475 players landed in, which is where I truly belong my hidden elo would be only at about 1075. I'd be matched against players way way bellow my skill level. Id be in the almost 2000 bracket when i was playing players at my elo, 1475.

GOD SlN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

And you also get less points for doing so.

moistmongoose

01-19-2013

Seems like an awful lot of work.

VegaD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Lyte already said that you can't do this.

Crowcide

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serialkiller94 View Post
And you also get less points for doing so.
No you don't, I don't think you understood the idea

Crowcide

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janoa View Post
Lyte already said that you can't do this.
link?

Ko Hakoo

01-19-2013

Ha ha, you do that. Sounds fool proof to me!

Crowcide

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko Hakoo View Post
Ha ha, you do that. Sounds fool proof to me!
Actually gonna try mostly to see what happens, I have an account about to hit 30

Sylvr

01-19-2013

I'm not saying that this would work, but I have to address the thought process behind it...

So, you just play LoL to make your arbitrary skill number higher by any means necessary? What ever happened to people playing the game to, you know, have fun? Why would you try to cheat the system who's goal is to make the game more fun for you? Matchmaking (what your Elo is actually used for) is there to give you good games. Stomping newbies is boring, and getting crushed by pros is frustrating, so it tries to put you against people of approximately equal skill (read: Elo). Why would you try to interfere with that?

If you're just playing to make a number higher, then I suggest you start playing this one I learned in grade-school called Addition. If that's not fast-paced enough for you, then you can try Multiplication. If you're really super pro, then you can get into Exponents, but those numbers are too much for most normal people.

Leib Olmai

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowcide View Post
No you don't, I don't think you understood the idea
No, I think you're just too dumb.
Really, you think Riot wouldn't have think about your stupid idea ?

Yeah they did and they made sure stupid people will not be able to do it.