Proper Afk Etiquette ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

baleofvale

01-19-2013

When a match starts and there is an afk, I feel like waiting for the next match.

I realize dc at the beginning is an issue. So, I try and give the match my true and honest best for about 3 minutes. If the afk has not come back, then there is a point, usually within 3 minutes, where the other team is 2 levels/3k $ ahead.

I consider the game done at this point and will test my teams willingness to wait it out by saying something like, "B & dance ?" I have received many a curse and reporting promised in response.

But I feel having an afk is huge; it is a not just a little tiny handicap correctable with the right play. It is like a basketball match missing a center, or hockey missing a goalie, or chess match with one side starting minus 4 pawns and 2 knights. What would pro sports do ? The match would be called and a penalty applied. Everyone would move on.

If probability and statistics apply to this world, then afk possibilities would happen to the other side as well. That is true, afk on a team is a random event. Once it happens, I cannot change the fact. I can change my reactions to it. This is all we can do with no afk supervision or management.

What would be the proper etiquette be if the other team has an afk ?
What is the proper etiquette for your team has afk ?

Golly

01-19-2013

Here's what's going to happen with an AFK.

You are going to lose. If you tryhard you might be able to stall in time for them to come back (if they DC - hey it happens).

If they 5 cap you, here's a fun mini-game that you can play in the meantime.

Pick someone arbitrarily on their team. Preference ALWAYS goes to Teemo, Kass, Kz, or Nidalee.

Kill them as often as you can. Ignore everything else. YOU MUST KILL THAT TEEMO.

Your game isn't going to last long, so if you can get 5 or more kills on that person consider it a win.

If you don't mind getting reported, just wait it out at spawn until the game is over (again, it won't take that long.)

baleofvale

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly View Post

Pick someone arbitrarily on their team. Preference ALWAYS goes to Teemo, Kass, Kz, or Nidalee.

Kill them as often as you can. Ignore everything else. YOU MUST KILL THAT TEEMO.

Thanks Golly. I like this idea, especially the part about teemo.

IDontWasteFood

01-19-2013

At whatever the hell ELO I am, usually with an AFK both sides should not stop playing. The AFK, majority of the time, comes back. Even though their teams losing, they can come back fast. With respawn timer advantage, and a 50/50 chance of a better team comp they can end up wiping the floor with you. An AFK sucks for both teams, but never count them out.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly View Post
Here's what's going to happen with an AFK.

You are going to lose. If you tryhard you might be able to stall in time for them to come back (if they DC - hey it happens).

If they 5 cap you, here's a fun mini-game that you can play in the meantime.

Your game isn't going to last long, so if you can get 5 or more kills on that person consider it a win.

If you don't mind getting reported, just wait it out at spawn until the game is over (again, it won't take that long.)
And here I thought I was the only one that did this. :P