Madred's Bloodrazor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jarlaxle

01-21-2013

Essentially reasons already explained, but also the fact that the flat damage was ultimately inferior to the exponential damage increase provided by Infinity Edge.

acosn

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
You're wrong, in that madred's was an effective buy. Ruined King may be current % health, but it's physical damage. Disregarding the rest of what the two items offer, you have one proc that does magic damage - which is useless because any AD champ that would get it has 0 magic pen...and you have a proc that does physical damage, which capitalises off things like your last whisper and your bruiser's black cleaver.

It certainly serves to chop high hp targets down to a more manageable size, that's all you need anyway.
But it did so poorly.

Very poorly, in fact. Gold per gold spent it had one of the worst returns in terms of average damage dealt.

X4N4T05

01-22-2013

Madreds Razor was a weird item... only useful on Warwick and Teemo imo. I'd seen people get it on Varus and do well beating down the tanks.

LeppyR64

01-22-2013

Warwick was the only one that I bought it on, but even then it was rarely (and I played quite a bit of Warwick). I also remember building it on Ashe but that was only in some ridiculous instances with Garens and Shens and Jaxs all at once. This was late late game.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

It was too niche of an item and nobody would buy it. Even vs 5 Warmog enemies with 8k health, it is STILL BAD! it still takes 25 hits with it to deal 100% dmg to one enemy with zero magic resistance which clearly wont be the case for a tank. With 200MR, expect 75 hits needed to kill.

On Hit builds already suck and even champs like KOG go AD. So every AD carry in the game would avoid bloodrazor at all costs, as it does magical damage instead of their physical penetration that they invested in, it doesnt lifesteal, and it doesnt crit. This is Not A Combo with ADCs who love all those things.

No top laner would ever take bloodrazor. They focus on AD-scaling stuff and hitting really hard though slowly. Especially after AS was nerfed and AD cheapened.

No mid would take it obviously.

No support takes it.

So only junglers would consider it. Out of those, only dedicated autoattackers would consider it, which are relatively few. (xin, yi, etc).
And those would likely rather build tanky so they don't immediately die in melee and they have less gold than others. So 3800g for bloodrazor is NOT in the budget.
IF it was, they would take Inf Edge which would give them extra scaling off the crit, vs a weak 4% magical onhit dmg.

So even though DPS-wise it seems efficient on its own, its really awful if you put it in context.