Madred's Bloodrazor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

No worries mate

01-19-2013

Why was this item removed?

ThePonsterMenis

01-19-2013

One would assume riot didn't like what it did...imo they didn't like that it built from something that helped get objectives so much. So this way you don't see a kog maw + jungler taking a dragon SUPER fast.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-19-2013

I can think of two reasons to remove it...

1) To get it out of the way of good players that knew it was complete junk.
2) To prevent bad players from ever purchasing it.

acosn

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by No worries mate View Post
Why was this item removed?
It became an idiot check.

To even think of being able to use it you needed...

1: A character who relied on auto attacks, since otherwise it's a poorly used proc.

2: A character who scales to AP, because otherwise the magic damage the proc deals goes to waste.

So that basically leaves two characters who'd even think of using it.

But wait there's more!

Not only is the item highly niched, it's extremely expensive. The only item in the game that is more expensive it the vastly more useful Trinity Force. So not only is it niched, and expensive, its a bad value for the price of admission. Oh, and you spend most of the time building an item that is, outwardly, intended for AD characters. Since it gives AD, and AS long before it gives any magic damage, and it never gives nor scales to AP.

Devious Rogue

01-20-2013

Blade of the Ruined King replaced it.

Cenerae

01-20-2013

It was a newbie trap.

You have blade of the ruined king if you want % damage onhit now. It's still situational at best, but it's not a complete waste of an item like bloodrazor was.

Minos157

01-20-2013

It was a niche item, I agree, as is the Ruined King, but what I miss is that it was a good anti-tank item.

Now there isn't one, at all. If a champ snowballs into a super tank now it becomes very hard to deal with because you just can't kill them.

Seen too many Cho-gaths with 6 stacks recently just stomping around my base taking turret hits and zoning all five of my team while 1-2 members of his team take our inhibs down. It is hard to organize a solo queue team to stop this and in the past I would just build razor and stop the tank to handle this.

This is not a cry for Razor back, but it did have its place, more so in Low Elo than elsewhere (Which is where I am).

Cenerae

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minos157 View Post
It was a niche item, I agree, as is the Ruined King, but what I miss is that it was a good anti-tank item.

Now there isn't one, at all. If a champ snowballs into a super tank now it becomes very hard to deal with because you just can't kill them.

Seen too many Cho-gaths with 6 stacks recently just stomping around my base taking turret hits and zoning all five of my team while 1-2 members of his team take our inhibs down. It is hard to organize a solo queue team to stop this and in the past I would just build razor and stop the tank to handle this.

This is not a cry for Razor back, but it did have its place, more so in Low Elo than elsewhere (Which is where I am).
Blade of the Ruined King does the same thing Madred's did, with the %hp damage. Except it's physical and not magical, so right click AD champs can actually use it properly since they have armor pen.

I don't know where you get the idea that the thing you wanted has gone. It's not gone anywhere.

Minos157

01-20-2013

Ruined King is Current HP, Madreds was Max HP was it not? That made it much more effective as a buy.

I never really used the item, I know that a super tank can just be left alone generally while you kill their team because the super tank can't do damage.

I was just throwing in the perspective of a low elo player where people didnt know how to deal with super tanks and when that happened this item could be bought.

If neither item was there it wouldn't phase me as again, I very rarely ever used it.

Cenerae

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minos157 View Post
Ruined King is Current HP, Madreds was Max HP was it not? That made it much more effective as a buy.

I never really used the item, I know that a super tank can just be left alone generally while you kill their team because the super tank can't do damage.

I was just throwing in the perspective of a low elo player where people didnt know how to deal with super tanks and when that happened this item could be bought.

If neither item was there it wouldn't phase me as again, I very rarely ever used it.
You're wrong, in that madred's was an effective buy. Ruined King may be current % health, but it's physical damage. Disregarding the rest of what the two items offer, you have one proc that does magic damage - which is useless because any AD champ that would get it has 0 magic pen...and you have a proc that does physical damage, which capitalises off things like your last whisper and your bruiser's black cleaver.

It certainly serves to chop high hp targets down to a more manageable size, that's all you need anyway.