We need a new reason to report someone @Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lady Septimus

Member

01-19-2013

Today I played a game that seemed very fun at the beginning but then the enemy team found out I was a girl. They started saying things that I considered sexual harassment and were offensive and made the game very hard to enjoy or do very well in. The morgana on the enemy team told me to come mid (I was lux supporting bottom) so that I could see her d**k. He/She was saying things like I have a 12 inch p***s and that I should leave my boyfriend for him/her instead. He said a bunch of things like that and I don't think reporting simply for verbal abuse is enough.

Its not just verbal abuse, its sexually harassing me because I am a girl and I think there should be an option for reporting someone for either sexual harassment or sexual abuse to specifically punish someone for this kind of toxic behaviour.

I don't want to sound like a stick in the mud and I am just not really comfortable with that kind of behaviour. Just because I am girl does not mean you can ask me to see your private part and that's not right. I think its fun to do some light casual banter but when your're asking someone to see your private part that's too offensive and changes the nature of this game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-19-2013

Harassment would be what that falls under. Unless you want to contact riot about it Directly. There is a button on the top right of the website.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YueienGato

Senior Member

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Septimus View Post
I don't want to sound like a stick in the mud and I am just not really comfortable with that kind of behaviour. Just because I am girl does not mean you can ask me to see your private part and that's not right. I think its fun to do some light casual banter but when your're asking someone to see your private part that's too offensive and changes the nature of this game.
You're right, it isn't. In this sort of situation I'd say to SS and submit a ticket to support. This sort of thing is unfortunately fairly common online and it shouldn't be tolerated.

I'm sorry you had to endure that sort of **** but, I suppose, player harassment report is the closest thing you can get through the Tribunal. If you have already done so, then do it and follow up with a Support ticket for good measure.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lady Septimus

Member

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YueienGato View Post
You're right, it isn't. In this sort of situation I'd say to SS and submit a ticket to support. This sort of thing is unfortunately fairly common online and it shouldn't be tolerated.

I'm sorry you had to endure that sort of **** but, I suppose, player harassment report is the closest thing you can get through the Tribunal. If you have already done so, then do it and follow up with a Support ticket for good measure.

How do you support ticket?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YueienGato

Senior Member

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ferret View Post
There is a button on the top right of the website.
^ it is right next to your forum login menu


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lady Septimus

Member

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YueienGato View Post
^ it is right next to your forum login menu

Oh thank you! ^^ I hope Riot can do something about this. Thanks everyone for there support.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ancient Frost

Senior Member

01-19-2013

Are you a canadian?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

embalmdk

Senior Member

01-19-2013

First, this falls under harassment. Second, why do you disclose unnecessary information about yourself. I teach my children to keep private on the internet. It is unfortunate that there are not more women/girls playing to balance out the game and the forums. By making this posting and declaring your a girl will unfortunately cause the more unscrupulous to target your postings.

In either case any harassment ***, religous, race, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation etc. falls in the category of harassment.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-19-2013

Also If you would like some people to play with that wont harass you or anything and just wanna have fun. You can add me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garruks Champion

Senior Member

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by embalmdk View Post
First, this falls under harassment. Second, why do you disclose unnecessary information about yourself. I teach my children to keep private on the internet. It is unfortunate that there are not more women/girls playing to balance out the game and the forums. By making this posting and declaring your a girl will unfortunately cause the more unscrupulous to target your postings.

In either case any harassment ***, religous, race, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation etc. falls in the category of harassment.
note: I am not blaming the victim, "she was dressed in a provocative manner" is not a defense in my mind, but if its an issue, why do you have a name that incites it? seems counter productive

95% of the problems on the internet (id theft, harassment, bullying, predators) are caused by people putting personal info on the net.

Hell, I dont think anyone could even find any info about myself on the web that wasn't either fake that I put up, or information that I have already given people **** for putting up about myself. +1 for good parenting

And on that note, I just want to add that facebook is the biggest issue, even if you are set to privet, its not hard to figure out where you are and who you know just by looking at pic's people you know have put up, after that its all a mater of inventing a personality and getting close to you through one of your friends