Curious about Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aoife8

01-19-2013

Hello!

I'm relatively new to LoL and I've heard the terms "going jungle" and "jungling" a lot. I understand that it's a type of character class but I was wondering what their main function was. Do they just go around killing the monsters and helping lanes in trouble?

SummonerNumber6

01-19-2013

Junglers kill mobs in the jungle then try and gank enemies in the lanes.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Jungler, as a position, does three main things:

-Generate income and acquire buffs from the neutral camps. They are also responsible for controlling the global objectives, dragon and baron, with smite. This is why jungling without smite, even if a champion is capable of it, is not a viable strategy.

-Create an extra solo lane. With a jungler, lanecomps go from 2-1-2 to 1-1-2, meaning more gold and faster levels for one other member of the team.

-Pressure the lanes. By not being constantly visible or constrained to a single lane, like the laning champions, the jungler is able to exert or relieve pressure across the map and create an unknown element for the enemy team to deal with.

Jungler, as a role, tends to do two main things:

-Tanky initiator with hard crowd control, able to create fights, soak up damage, and lock down key members of the opposing team.

-Assassin, usually with lots of damage and some CC, able to get to the back lane and disable and kill carries.

The specifics of these roles vary as much as the skillsets of each individual jungle champion, but these are the basic ideas of what a jungler should bring to a team composition.

Supafly GLHF

01-19-2013

With a jungler a Team is best utilizing the entire map and gold income than a team that is not using one. Which is why many Teams prefer a jungler.

additional information on jungling can be found here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2614498&page=5

viper232

01-20-2013

+1 Try to kill ! MONSTER IN THE jungul