The Art of Troll

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Moar!

WeoWeoDjango

01-20-2013

THE "*****ES AINT ****T" TROLL---

This one is used for pure entertainment purposes and is only technically a troll. Duo with a friend in Summoners rift. Go ad carry Twisted Fate bot, and have your friend support you. After you have selected Tf, chat to your teammates "*****es aint ****t" Your friend must immediately respond with "True Dat". These two phrases are the only things you can say the entire run of the game. After every single thing you do as Tf good or bad, successful or failed, all chat "*****es aint ****t" followed by your friend all chatting "true dat". Your primary focus should be on relentless pushing of towers followed by the standard ranged carry duties.

This particular troll is fun because of the way it effects the enemy team:

stage one (acknowledgement)- After a few mins of doing this the enemy team will start to all chat back pointing out that you are in fact doing the "BAS" troll. This is when you know you are beginning to affect them.

stage two (annoyance)- they will now proceed to tell you to shut up, insult you, complain, things of that nature. Do not respond with anything, continue on as you were.

stage three (mocking)- they will now start to mock it, they will pretend that they enjoy the troll, maybe even start saying it themselves. You almost have them at this point.

stage four (breaking)- They will now become desperate, and will begin to combine stage two with a kind of hysterical begging for you to stop. You have won at this point.

Remember this, the more time the enemy spends typing the less time they spend paying attention to the game. Exploit this, you have just engaged in psychological warfare.

WeoWeoDjango

01-20-2013

THE "JESUS" TROLL--

A particularly fun one when you are having a bad game and your teammates are less then understanding. It is simple... refuse to get angry. All of your in game chats become all chats and you only speak kind words of encouragement. Let the enemy know how good they are doing, give personal individual complements to each player, when you get killed all chat the killer with a "very impressive!". This is different then the "I love you" troll in that you are not trying to make them feel uncomfortable and strangely aroused, instead you are trying to make them feel like you have somehow figured out the secret to having a good time in spite of losing and dickhead teammates. which of course you have!

Nomnom3

01-20-2013

The "Agreeable Armadillo" Troll--

The angsty rager on your team thinks he is always right no matter what completely illogical and dim witted things he/she says. So, the best way to interact with this is to confirm how right they are. A simple "ok" after everything they say will make them hopefully and slowly realize that their illicit words have no bearing on your conscious and soon they will give up speaking completely. Make sure that you are still communicating through pings and objectives, but the only thing that you will type to the accuser in question is that one zen phrase "ok."

WeoWeoDjango

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomnom3 View Post
The "Agreeable Armadillo" Troll--

The angsty rager on your team thinks he is always right no matter what completely illogical and dim witted things he/she says. So, the best way to interact with this is to confirm how right they are. A simple "ok" after everything they say will make them hopefully and slowly realize that their illicit words have no bearing on your conscious and soon they will give up speaking completely. Make sure that you are still communicating through pings and objectives, but the only thing that you will type to the accuser in question is that one zen phrase "ok."

Truly a powerful troll. I love it.

Nicodemous

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeoWeoDjango View Post
THE "JESUS" TROLL--

A particularly fun one when you are having a bad game and your teammates are less then understanding. It is simple... refuse to get angry. All of your in game chats become all chats and you only speak kind words of encouragement. Let the enemy know how good they are doing, give personal individual complements to each player, when you get killed all chat the killer with a "very impressive!". This is different then the "I love you" troll in that you are not trying to make them feel uncomfortable and strangely aroused, instead you are trying to make them feel like you have somehow figured out the secret to having a good time in spite of losing and dickhead teammates. which of course you have!
How is this a "Jesus" troll? A true "Jesus" troll would not say anything all match except to answer, "it is as you say"...

WeoWeoDjango

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemous View Post
How is this a "Jesus" troll? A true "Jesus" troll would not say anything all match except to answer, "it is as you say"...
You sir, are my new favorite

WeoWeoDjango

01-20-2013

The "CHOKE POINT" Troll---

This is one I just recently started doing. Play as Teemo going attack speed and ap. Once you hit level six the troll begins. Begin to place mushrooms as you normally would with teemo: in bushes, in small key areas on map, to clear minions... but each time you do all chat and yell as loud as you can "CHOKE POINT!" I know what you are thinking "how is this a troll?" its the same concept as "*****es aint ****". Psychological warfare and having a blast.

xSoloQueuex

01-20-2013

The "Beta" Troll:

That one teammate who know's the game better than God himself begins to tell you how to play better. Begin to follow their instructions to a tee and reply to all their instructions with "Yes Sir!" Do not do anything without their express and written consent. When the "team leader" goes for too long without instructions you simply ask them what the next set of instructions are because you are clearly incapable of playing without their valuable and rare knowledge of the game. Stay consistant and make sure you ask lots of questions like "Sir, is it ok if I clear top minions?" "Sir, would I be allowed to take a BF Sword next?" "Sir, may I recall now?" They will love it.

WeoWeoDjango

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaethe7 View Post
The "Beta" Troll:

That one teammate who know's the game better than God himself begins to tell you how to play better. Begin to follow their instructions to a tee and reply to all their instructions with "Yes Sir!" Do not do anything without their express and written consent. When the "team leader" goes for too long without instructions you simply ask them what the next set of instructions are because you are clearly incapable of playing without their valuable and rare knowledge of the game. Stay consistant and make sure you ask lots of questions like "Sir, is it ok if I clear top minions?" "Sir, would I be allowed to take a BF Sword next?" "Sir, may I recall now?" They will love it.
Gets them every time! A team game for sure