Kick vote option in champ select? Good idea or not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cuc cuc bik di

01-19-2013

This is a pretty much common problem that almost every summoner has encountered, and it's very frustrating and time wasting. You know how in champion select, there is that one guy who is afk and just a random pick in the end that ruins the whole team composition? Or that one kid who is fighting over mid/top when the role is already taken? And let's not forget the troll, I do whatever I want. Then one poor guy has to take one for the team and "dodge" and he ends up having to wait up to 30 mins to join a match again which is unfair.

I think it will be much easier for everybody if Riot has like a "kick vote" system, when in champion select, any summoner can use the option to kick a summoner out, then the team vote on it, and the summoner who is kicked out will have to do the wait time instead of the poor guy.

So what is your thought? Is this a good idea? Has any one in the forum ever mention this before? and is there any loop hole that you can think of in this system. Of course, there is pros and cons to everything, but we must think if it is doing more good than bad.

ScorpionKICK

01-19-2013

Take my upvote.

We need this especially in ranked queue

Zaphery

01-19-2013

So I'm assuming that you need 4 votes to kick the dude?

hypothetical situation #1:
Lets say someone picks a champion that is considered a "troll pick". Lets say that they pick poppy and they really want to play her top lane. All the other players on the team vote to kick him and he is gone from the game. Then he has to wait 30 min because no one else wanted him to play a particular champion.

hypothetical situation #2:
Someone does a pre made with 3 of his friend and they play ranked. They some how do not get the first ban so they decide to all vote and kick the guy who did. The guy who got kicked now has to wait 30 mins until he can play ranked again.

hypothetical situation #3:
Same situation as before except the other not pre made player insistently wants mid/bot/top/jungle/support. There is someone in the remade who also really wants the same position so they vote kick him from the game and he has to wait 30 min until he can rejoin que.

hypothetical situation #4:
4 man pre made just wants to troll people and they vote kick people so that they have to wait 30 min until que.

Certainly it can solve some problems, but there are also places where it can be abused. I think there should be some restrictions if such a system was placed. This is how I interpreted it and it could be that I didn't read it correctly.

cuc cuc bik di

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphery View Post
So I'm assuming that you need 4 votes to kick the dude?

hypothetical situation #1:
Lets say someone picks a champion that is considered a "troll pick". Lets say that they pick poppy and they really want to play her top lane. All the other players on the team vote to kick him and he is gone from the game. Then he has to wait 30 min because no one else wanted him to play a particular champion.

hypothetical situation #2:
Someone does a pre made with 3 of his friend and they play ranked. They some how do not get the first ban so they decide to all vote and kick the guy who did. The guy who got kicked now has to wait 30 mins until he can play ranked again.

hypothetical situation #3:
Same situation as before except the other not pre made player insistently wants mid/bot/top/jungle/support. There is someone in the remade who also really wants the same position so they vote kick him from the game and he has to wait 30 min until he can rejoin que.

hypothetical situation #4:
4 man pre made just wants to troll people and they vote kick people so that they have to wait 30 min until que.

Certainly it can solve some problems, but there are also places where it can be abused. I think there should be some restrictions if such a system was placed. This is how I interpreted it and it could be that I didn't read it correctly.
You do have some good point, although, you can't play ranked with 4 premades, you either solo duo, or a team which is 5 premades. And I do hope that the people in LoL community are reasonable people and not *******s like the situations you brought up, but I highly doubt that... Hopefully not a lot of people would abuse such system like that. Because that would say a lot about LoL community. I hope it will be used for good more than evil. That is if it is ever used.

Mageinta Warrior

01-19-2013

Happens more often than you think. My friend plays bruisers mid but no one wants to accept that because it's not AP mid.

Zaphery

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuc cuc bik di View Post
You do have some good point, although, you can't play ranked with 4 premades, you either solo duo, or a team which is 5 premades. And I do hope that the people in LoL community are reasonable people and not *******s like the situations you brought up, but I highly doubt that... Hopefully not a lot of people would abuse such system like that. Because that would say a lot about LoL community. I hope it will be used for good more than evil. That is if it is ever used.
Don't get me wrong, I would really like to see this implemented in the game. I feel like the system could be really good as long as we have some limits on it, regardless of the community. The only problem is I can't really think of anything at the moment.

Boagster

01-19-2013

This has been mentioned before. The key thing is to make sure the lobby restarts afterwards. Making people who get kicked out wait the dodge timer is another issue, in that people can get kicked for really stupid reasons ("OMG! He's playing Heimerdinger! Heimer's such a bad champ, let's kick him!", despite the fact that the guy is a pro Heimer player, for example). A third concern is that you don't want this to be a way to avoid the dodge timer when one team doesn't like the enemy teams composition.

Rixatrix

01-19-2013

Kickvote sounds fine, but I think that

1) Kicked player should not have to wait for the dodge timer; it can lead to abuse;
2) Kicks should be limited (per team/per day/whatever). This could mitigate some abuse.