Riddle me this...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aoife8

01-19-2013

Just got out of a PVP match and our team won. We were pretty much going strong the whole time.

At one point I slip into the jungle to collect a blue ward. I'm in the middle of that and this guy on my team runs by who is near death and gets killed by two players before I could even go chase after him. I finish killing the last monster and run after the remaining dude that killed my team mate and kill him.The other guy was long gone. The team mate (TM) then says this to me:

(cursing will be with astrixes)
TM: Fizz, wtf? B*********tch!
Me: Sorry, I was getting blue buff and you were nearly dead when you ran by, wouldn't have made it.
TM: Still you could have done something
Me: If I had chased after him with the mobs on me we both would have fed the other team. It's not strategic to feed their team twice.
TM: I'm reporting you.
Me: For what, logic? You know, if I report YOU you would be the one to get in trouble because you technically verbally abused me, which is a punishable offense. You went against the summoners code. Choose wisely.
*TM doesn't say another word the rest of the game*

Ironically the other team gave me friendlies.

I didn't report him. I just said that to illustrate how weak his claim was.
He was probably trying to intimidate me into begging him not to report him or something but it made me curious enough to ask...does he have ANY grounds for reporting me?
I don't feel as if I verbally abused him. I stated my case calmly and without profanity or malice.

On the upside I (as a noob) made a new record for myself in pvp kills. 16 4 deaths though =(

Tucking Sits

01-19-2013

From what you stated, no, he has no grounds to report you. You didn't rage back and do what the other summoner did, so he/she has no grounds to report.

Vincius

01-19-2013

U acted good, but you should've reported him since he will keep talking to people like that, you might react well but some other people won't, they'll either get angry or will be less likely to play pvp games because they'll be afraid to get bullied. reporting is important, it helps to maintain a good community.

RealMouse

01-19-2013

i agree with Vincius..you did nothing wrong other then not reporting a toxic player. and good job on the record ^^

Supafly GLHF

01-19-2013

Sounds like the player had a rage moment. Personally I'd probably respond the same way you did...if at all. I usually prefer not to type a lot in actual games and concentrate on the task at hand. You're fine.

ThatONeillGuy

01-20-2013

You did fine, Aoife. You'll occasionally run into players who take out their frustrations on you because they made a bad decision in-game.

I've had people rage at me because they tried a level 1 tower dive and I didn't come running in to save the day, or because they face-checked the brush and got jumped by two people at once. Like you said, they're already dead. No point in feeding the enemy two kills.

Another thing to keep in mind is that sending in a lot of false reports weakens one's reputation as a reporter. Enough false reports and they won't carry any weight at all, so yeah, don't let threats like that intimidate you.

(Congratulations on going 16-4!)

Edit: Also thirding the suggestion to report behavior like that in the future. Best to do what you can to stop toxic players from ruining other people's games.

a Fatality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

We need to keep in mind that the player in question corrected his wrong behavior in that game. Reporting him would also be out of accord with the summoners code. If he would have continued with harassment, then report away, but as players, we need to give our fellows a chance to correct wrong doings.