[NA] - Starting Ranked Team - Seeking friendly, innovative, chill people

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SquarePeg

01-19-2013

I have been playing league of legends for about a year now, and since I was introduced to it by a friend, it has become the game I play the most, outclassing Minecraft and outlasting Starcraft II, my previous favorites. It takes my preferred elements from both of the above, specifically the hardcore strategy of SC II, and the teamwork component of aMinecraft (I mostly played PvP and faction servers).
However, there is a problem with both of these desirable traits. They both are conditional on the team with which you are playing with; and this is really the crux of the problem. There are really three groups of people you can play with: random people, your irl or close online friends, and a team or group with which you play regularly.
Playing with your friends initially seems like the ideal option, but in reality is very situational. Firstly, all of your friends must be at approximately similar skill levels, mechanically. Secondly, your friends must be dedicated, interested and flexible enough to play at regular intervals, and play consistently well. Thirdly, your friends must be willing to accept leadership, develop and test strategies, and generally get in the team mindset. This is probably the least likely, very few friends groups will work with this. Conclusion: playing with your friends is fun, but it is more of a social game than a hardcore team/strategy game.
Playing with random people really doesnít work. I have played with probably upwards of 8,000 different people, and of those, maybe 50 made my experience more positive and fun. You canít get much better playing with these dysfunctional teams of people who just met each other and have an inset assumption that the majority of their team is hopelessly incompetent. Any given team will likely have someone who will rage at every mistake that is made, someone who will suicidally charge regardless of and someone who hates everyone indiscriminately. This is why playing with random people doesnít reliably work well.
However, the majority of these people are probably decent, normal people, if it werenít for their preexisting assumption that their teams are made of losers. Therefore, the third option comes to light. Why not establish a group of people, people who are interested in the same thing you are, from the largest possible pool available? Why not test them extensively for dedication, compatibility and amiability? Why not find a team based on the exact traits you are looking for, rather than trying to apply those traits to people who really donít fit them?
I am seeking a group of 4-6 individuals who are friendly, innovative, and fun to interact with. I am in EST and would prefer people who have the flexibility to play at a consistent hour for a reasonable time a number of days a week. Please be over 16 years old, level thirty, and have at least 200 games (normal games are fine, this is just mechanical experience) under your belt.
If you are interested and feel like, for once in life, you would like to play without people who hate your guts, please reply with the following:
1) Email address at which you will be able to be contacted
2) League of Legends Username
3) Skype username (tryouts will be held using Skype, once a team is established, further consideration may take place regarding the choice of communication program)
4) Least favorite of the traditional meta roles, and why
5) Any additional information you think persuasive (please note that this section, like the others, is mandatory XD)
Thank you, and I apologize for the massive wall of text, Iím just rather happy to finally be doing this.

I Cure Hunger

01-19-2013

(1) TheProjectSYD@gmail.com
(2) ProjectSYD
(3) ProjectSYD
(4) Support. While I feel its one of the most important roles in the game I personally feel like I have little to no control of the outcome of the game when playing it.
(5) I've leveled two accounts to level 30, on my main account I own every champion as well as the account I'm currently working on which is level 16. Between all of my accounts I probably have some 800+ wins in normals. I started doing solo queue ranked when I had roughly 120 wins which dropped my elo a lot. I tried ranked again at the beginning of this season and things were going good until I got matched up with a few trolls in a row (i.e. "I will play wherever I want" - picks tryndamere assumptively would play top but goes mid and ends up feeding).

Tehd

01-19-2013

(1)juandavila209@gmail.com
(2)darkteddy713
(3)fame_enforcer
(4)i prefer jungle due to the fact that i like to help out a teammate when they are getting in trouble and coming out of no where to gank someone
(5)at the moment my elo isn't great......at all but i'm an all around good player and a good teammate

shadow vengeance

01-19-2013

tongyang2009@live.com
shadow vengeance
really hard to say the least favorite role i start with jungle then top then mix of sup and mid and now main adc. if i really must say i will choose support too same reason as projectSYD, u can do nothing when u get bad teammates.
i get a friend with me who is main top i main adc. we are nice teammates.

T2Ninja

01-19-2013

1) cgenesisboy@gmail.com
2) T2Ninja
3) yummyramennoodles
4) Top or mid; I like the 1v1 in lane phase and most of the champs i play suit those roles.
5) I want to join a team so that I don't have to deal with trolls in solo queue

SquarePeg

01-19-2013

bump

jman mastercakes

01-19-2013

1) ryanofeld@gmail.com
2) jman mastercakes
3) ryan.m.chapman
4) jungle. being the jungler takes everything wrong with solo queue and amplifies it 10x. people expect you to do everything for them while simultaneously blaming you for everything that goes wrong your fault or not.
5) the game has become less fun for the reasons listed. my real life friends are not at the same skill level so i either bring them down or they bring me down. solo queue is unplayable. my last chance is to take a shot and hope i strike gold with a team

EKG xXMull3tXx

01-20-2013

1) Joshua.Ellison@hotmail.com
2) EKG xXMull3tXx
3) Joshthatsxcbeast
4) Mid or support , Mid pref. Most of the ranked games i have played are either support or mid, currently my main mid champion is Akali and i am able to play most ap champions. With support , I have been playing zyra alot as a support due to alot of poke but am also able to play others such as sona, nunu and i am working on leona.
5) Have played in ranked 5's 3's and solo que ranked and communicates with the team well.