what is wit's end good for now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
Some good points in this thread.

The nerf to the MR was really a bad move by Riot. The expensive Recurve Bow and the expensive combine cost slows your build down too much too.

I'd be SUPER happy to see something like this:

Wit's End (Melee only)
Hexdrinker (1350) + Stinger (1250) + 850 = 3450
+25 Attack Damage
+40% Attack Speed
+25 Magic Resistance
+10% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive - Lifeline: Upon taking magic damage that would reduce Health below 30%, grants a shield that absorbs 250 magic damage for 5 seconds (90 second cooldown - Basic attacks reduce this cooldown by 1 second per hit).
UNIQUE Passive: Basic attacks deal 17 bonus magic damage on hit.
UNIQUE Passive: Basic attacks grant +5 Magic Resist for 5 seconds on hit (stacks up to 4 times).

Wheeee! This would be soooo coooool!
Because it now adds AD, I reduced the on-hit damage accordingly. The passives would all be negated in the hands of a RADC for balance reasons. The spell shield getting refreshed by auto-attacking is thematically relevant.
Holy freaking ****.

I think that'd make melee carries viable, but...is it balanced? Idk, looks kinda insane to me.

jmlinden7

01-24-2013

It's for autoattack champions with little to no ad-scaling who do mixed damage.

Shen, Irelia, Cho, Warwick, Volibear, Phoenix Udyr, Shyvana.

Skarner, Mundo, and some on-hit champions (Lulu, Kayle, Teemo) can use it, but there are better items for them. Nocturne and Vi are better off building Hexdrinker because of their high ad-scaling and the fact that they do mostly physical damage.

Kholdstare13

01-25-2013

It could use a little buff to the MR it gives.

And as for your idea over there, don't make it melee only. The ONLY melee-range split should be tiamat/hurricane, based on the mechanics of splash.