Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

what is wit's end good for now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

01-22-2013

Quote:
IonDragonX:
Some good points in this thread.

The nerf to the MR was really a bad move by Riot. The expensive Recurve Bow and the expensive combine cost slows your build down too much too.

I'd be SUPER happy to see something like this:

Wit's End (Melee only)
Hexdrinker (1350) + Stinger (1250) + 850 = 3450
+25 Attack Damage
+40% Attack Speed
+25 Magic Resistance
+10% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive - Lifeline: Upon taking magic damage that would reduce Health below 30%, grants a shield that absorbs 250 magic damage for 5 seconds (90 second cooldown - Basic attacks reduce this cooldown by 1 second per hit).
UNIQUE Passive: Basic attacks deal 17 bonus magic damage on hit.
UNIQUE Passive: Basic attacks grant +5 Magic Resist for 5 seconds on hit (stacks up to 4 times).

Wheeee! This would be soooo coooool!
Because it now adds AD, I reduced the on-hit damage accordingly. The passives would all be negated in the hands of a RADC for balance reasons. The spell shield getting refreshed by auto-attacking is thematically relevant.

Holy freaking ****.

I think that'd make melee carries viable, but...is it balanced? Idk, looks kinda insane to me.

jmlinden7

01-24-2013

It's for autoattack champions with little to no ad-scaling who do mixed damage.

Shen, Irelia, Cho, Warwick, Volibear, Phoenix Udyr, Shyvana.

Skarner, Mundo, and some on-hit champions (Lulu, Kayle, Teemo) can use it, but there are better items for them. Nocturne and Vi are better off building Hexdrinker because of their high ad-scaling and the fact that they do mostly physical damage.

Kholdstare13

01-25-2013

It could use a little buff to the MR it gives.

And as for your idea over there, don't make it melee only. The ONLY melee-range split should be tiamat/hurricane, based on the mechanics of splash.