Displacement suggestion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anemonet

01-19-2013

Considering we have displacement direction wise, such a pushing and pulling, and we have displacement that can put you above people (Tristana's jump comes to mind even though you can cancel it) I think it'd be interesting to consider that we add displacements that can put you over or under champs, and probably fix the jump so you can't stop it, so she can actually be over you.

Such as a champion that can dig underground and knockups being the counter to being displaced there, like oracles and stealth, and escape mechanisms for displacements direction wise.

I think it would really add a bit more depth, if we could have some mechanics that could interact in the game like this.

Opinions?

Kinda tired, kinda bored, random thought that popped into my head.

I mean, we're stuck at <- and -> why not add more depth ^ and v.

I know I've worded this terribly.

Raptamei

01-19-2013

Fizz?

Anemonet

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
Fizz?

This guy! Hey thanks, didn't come to mind, but yeah that works.

I also just thought of singed and volibear displacing people above them, even though I'm sure it just shows it and it acts more like a sideways displacement phasing them through them.

I just think it'd be interesting to kind of add.... another plane to league.. or something like that.

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

under champs?

vlad?

Anemonet

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by elBOOBOO View Post
under champs?

vlad?
I'm all tired and braindead tonight. Thanks.

I just figured that was more like... just a movable untargetable. Idk. :s

Nasdrovia499

01-19-2013

Not sure what you mean by that, but LoL's map is in 2 dimensions, which means you can't be "above" or "under" someone, tho you can give an illusion of this. Tristana's jump is similar to a dash, same for Corki's Valkyrie, even if their animation shows them "flying". Fizz and Vlad are the closest to what you ask for, they're simply moving/applying effects while being untargetable. Pantheon's jump and other teleports are simply a champion being removed from the map, then placed somewhere else. Champions go through walls rather than over/under it.
Basically you can't have 2 champions exactly on the same spot, with one "under" the other, unless you remove some properties of one champion (like Vlad being untargetable).