@Riot Why Rework Sejuani?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

01-19-2013

First and foremost, Sejuani sucked in Season 2. Really. It was incredibly painful to jungle and no reason to pick her over Nautilus. However, in Season 3 she is quite strong. She has fast clears past the first one and gets faster without ANY damage items. If you go full tank your W can do ~200 damage per second (1200 over the course of the ability). She has a lot of CC with an ult similar to Amumu's (and is arguably better because you can E after it, making it so that they are either stunned or slowed for 4 seconds). Her Q is a reliable gap closer AND escape. And she has multiple build routes, if you feel you need 1 damage item you can easily buy Liandry's (although her W does ridiculous amounts of damage without Liandry's).

So my question is why rework her? What is she lacking that you need to fix? I feel she is in a good place right now due to the changes in Season 3.

Raptamei

01-19-2013

Well now it's her turn to be OP-must-own-for-ranked status. Once everyone does own her, she'll get nerfed again.

Killzerz

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
Well now it's her turn to be OP-must-own-for-ranked status. Once everyone does own her, she'll get nerfed again.
She might be strong, but I haven't exactly seen a ton of her even on streams. What elo are you seeing this in? Maybe she is popular in certain elos?

Ishinokao

01-19-2013

It was stated that she isn't having balance issues, there are other things wrong with her that people would like dealt with.

Raptamei

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killzerz View Post
She might be strong, but I haven't exactly seen a ton of her even on streams. What elo are you seeing this in? Maybe she is popular in certain elos?
She hasn't been reworked yet you dumbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishinokao View Post
It was stated that she isn't having balance issues, there are other things wrong with her that people would like dealt with.
People = Riot.

Those who use her now don't care about those "issues".
Those who aren't using her now will be using her as soon as she becomes OP, like 90% of the community.

Dunal

01-19-2013

Quote:

People = Riot.

Those who use her now don't care about those "issues".
Those who aren't using her now will be using her as soon as she becomes OP, like 90% of the community.
You're absolutely deluding yourself if you think it's okay that the Frost mark should be reduced by Tenacity or that her early game Q cooldown feels good.

She needs tuning, even if she's okay balance-wise. Some parts of her feel clunky.

She's my main, heck I can assure she's great in the right hands. But she isn't without annoyances.

Blokfort

01-19-2013

As someone who is playing Sejuani a lot..
I can say that in Season 2, she was not very strong. She is very item reliant, but with the changes in Season 3, she is much stronger.
I actually think she is fine the way she is now. Altho, giving her a shield and then not actually use it seems odd to me, but hey. It's a shield. Why not?

EDIT: I also follow a guy named Heaventime. He mains Sejuani in 2k elo. Yup.

Killzerz

01-19-2013

Quote:
I know. Read my original post please.

espn123

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunal View Post
You're absolutely deluding yourself if you think it's okay that the Frost mark should be reduced by Tenacity or that her early game Q cooldown feels good.

She needs tuning, even if she's okay balance-wise. Some parts of her feel clunky.

She's my main, heck I can assure she's great in the right hands. But she isn't without annoyances.
I've been trying to learn to be a better Sejuani, do you have any demos I can check out sometime? Thanks.

Endertome

04-02-2013

It's less about Sejuani's balance and more about her theme as a champion. Sejuani's always been a sore point for Riot due to how nothing about her design is clear to her role or purpose as a champion.

Things like "Bristle has no momentum when he rams" or "far north barbarian woman in a plate bikini" or "wields a huge mace and rides a giant boar but is a mage"