Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Yeah ok! BLAME THE JUNGLER

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuatsu742

01-22-2013

Just throwing this out there: jungle seems hard. The people who are willing to put in the time and effort to play that role well, I generally give the benefit of the doubt.

Jesustim

01-22-2013

you're jungler, you're going to get blamed. make it clear to them that if they want ganks they ward, that means every lane. only person who ever gets away without warding is an AD carry.

roskosp33

01-22-2013

I have seen both sides.

A lot of people want the jungle to win their lane for them. I think this is because of season 2. Ganking was sooo easy because the jungle was easy to clear. I have found from playing jungle that some lanes you just can't save. If a laner dies 3 times in under 10 mins, that's their own fault. It's also really tough when 2 of your lanes keep dying at the same time. Sometimes it feels like you save a losing lane just to see another lane feeding.

I have also seen junglers that don't help at all. There was an Olaf top this one game that was putting some good pressure on Riven. He warded early, farmed, and harassed. The enemy jungle tried ganking him 3 times in 8 mins. The third gank they tower dove and killed him, but he got a kill too. So basically enemy mid and jungle kept harassing this poor guy forcing him to lose farm and recall frequently. Every time he recalled, his jungle would push his lane to the enemy turret and die to Riven. To sum it up he didn't feed and played safe, but because his jungle didn't help him so he eventually lost his lane. He didn't lose to Riven, but she was able to out farm/level him because of her teammates and Olaf's neglectful jungler.

Boagster

01-22-2013

Various things I tell teammates when they start ragging on me when I'm jungler:

"My primary responsibility is to farm the jungle so that we have an extra solo lane. I'll gank when I can, but I can't let myself fall behind trying to save you constantly."

"Ganking is not my sole responsibility, nor is it my responsibility alone."

"I can't be two places at once. I announce my ganks - if I just said I'm ganking bottom, don't expect me to be able to save you at top."

"No, I'm not going to give you [blue/red], because you'll just hand it to the other team the next time you die."

And, my favorite:

"You keep dying at their turret and want me to gank? I can't really gank if you keep the lane pushed."

iDoEatMuffen

01-22-2013

Quote:
FĂȘnrir:
People often find it easier to blame others then look at their own plays and try to improve, alot of people dont seem to realise that while some1 else may influence an outcome 99% of the time their is something that they could of done better.

True Story

Clowns Suck

01-23-2013

Yeh the blame game is annoying. Had a game today where I said in champ select "I'll fill any role but ADC because I'm terrible at it" My genius team then decided to make me ADC and blamed me when my performance wasn't spectacular. Sometimes I wish I was more of an ass player and would bully my way to the lane I want. Would sure end up getting blamed less.

RYP Jericho

01-23-2013

My favorite jungle experiences are when all 3 lanes want you to be there at all times. I was playing one game as jungle Kha'Zix. I was in duo-queue with our top, who played Cho'Gath. The opposing team had two tops, and no jungle, so my plan was to get to level 6 ASAP for more effective ganks (since unseen threat is deadly when you combine it with your ult).

At game start I told my team to try and be careful since I'd likely need to babysit Cho a bit (fair enough for a mana hungry champ playing 1v2). Before I'd even made it from blue to red I had our mid (a Malzahar) screaming at me to gank NOW. He was getting completely destoryed by a Nunu with boots and was really pissy when I wouldn't gank within ten seconds.

I told him to farm under his tower, and that'd I'd be by when I could, but I'm needed top and I still need to spend time in my jungle to keep from falling behind. Every time he died he'd blame me for not being there, even when I was giving everyone notice as to which lanes I was going to and when I was hitting the shop.

I eventually told him that he could stand under his tower until I made my way there, and decided to ignore him for a few minutes until I could help bot get ahead. Eventually bot lane (which was even when I wasn't around, but won with some help), finished their tower and the support babysat him until Cho got fed. At the end of the game Malzahar told the game to report me for making the support do "my" job. The other team laughed in his face.

tl;dr People need to stop calling out junglers if they haven't done it. It's not an easy job and you really don't understand how it's done if you've never done it before.

footfoe

01-23-2013

Idk sometimes you can blame the jungle. a few times i've been bot and the enemy jungle was just camping our lane. Sometimes 4 enemy players in our lane. The tower goes down shortly after 10 minutes. No help from the jungle or mid, they couldn't even push the other towers while 4 players were in our lane.

RYP Jericho

01-23-2013

Quote:
footfoe:
Idk sometimes you can blame the jungle. a few times i've been bot and the enemy jungle was just camping our lane. Sometimes 4 enemy players in our lane. The tower goes down shortly after 10 minutes. No help from the jungle or mid, they couldn't even push the other towers while 4 players were in our lane.

Oh Junglers can definitely **** up placement and going for ganks, no question. The reason I think everyone should try jungling for a little while is to be better laners for your jungle. I can't count the number of times I've been asked to come for a gank when the lane is pushed to the tower. I even tell them things like "You're pushed up too far right now. Let them push a bit and I'll come after golems." If a laner has jungled before they'll know the best way to assist in a gank for their jungler, making them more effective in lane as well.