Some Morgana Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dehunter456

01-19-2013

Ok. I got morgana a long time ago. I'm ok with her, but I want to get better. What I usually do is buy 2 or three dorans rings and some Sorceress shoes if I'm getting harassed really bad. Then, I start to build RoA. After that, I build my Zhonyas. Then, I build a Deathcap, Abbysal Scepter if they have a lot of casters or Frozen Heart if they have a lot of Auto Attackers. And then depending on if the game continues, I build WotA and GA. If my build is wrong, then someone post how a Morgana build should be.

The problem is, early game, I can't seem to kill anyone unless I use all of my spells in this order. R - Q - W - Ignite. Am I doing something wrong? Someone help me! I love to use Morgana, but I need to get better so I can be more useful to my teammates.

GON the Mage Guy

01-19-2013

I would start off with RoA, honestly. Get a mana gem and 2 potions, use your skills sparingly. It's really easy to push as Morgana, but generally you only want to use your skills to keep your enemy off of minions or to spellvamp life back. If they have any CC, stay behind minions, and Spell Shield anything thrown at you. If they're aggressive, let them be, put down your soil when the minions reach your tower and last hit.

Morgana gets kills by using her full combo. Don't be afraid to spike someone with your ult early.

Something you may want to practice in bots is laying down your soil about half a second before you land your snare so they take near-full damage from the soil. This is accomplished with Smartcasting, as you cast faster with it on. Your Black Shield should be on Smartcast as well, because it's one of the best shields in the game and can mean the life or death of one of your teammates.

JabaRune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

I would limit myself to one dorans ring if you're going for rod of ages, and I would only get one if I felt like I was behind and needed a little boost just to survive. Don't be afraid to buy your chain vest for zhonyas or your negatron cloak for abysal early if you feel like you're being harassed a lot.

Crystalline Flask is also a good starting item for pretty much any mage. You will have enough left over for a ward and a health potion if you feel like you might be ganked early. The mana regen from the flask might also help you cope with not having your dorans rings. I don't feel like morgana really needs the flask because of her passive and she doesn't really have mana problems, especially once you get catalyst, but it's something you could try and see how you like it. The largest selling point for me is the early ward. I hate being ganked.

dehunter456

01-19-2013

Thanks for the advise. I just played a game as morgana going 10/3/10 carrying my whole team and winning .

GoombaStompin

Recruiter

01-19-2013

Don't be discouraged if you can't kill your opponent in lane without a full combo (R, Q, W, ignite), all this means is that you've found yourself an even match. =)

In addition to practicing smart cast, here is another tip: Go into the key bindings menu and find the option for "SELFcast Spell 3". If you set that to a comfortable button for you (maybe an extra mouse button), you will be able to instantly cast Black Shield on yourself at the speed of a summoner spell like Heal or Barrior. This is very useful if an opponent surprises you with a flash stun or you catch an ashe arrow out of the corner of your eye!

*always* start with a Crystaline Flask on mana based champs =)
~work a Voidstaff into your build after the Zonya and Deathcap.

JabaRune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoombaStompin View Post
Don't be discouraged if you can't kill your opponent in lane without a full combo (R, Q, W, ignite), all this means is that you've found yourself an even match. =)

In addition to practicing smart cast, here is another tip: Go into the key bindings menu and find the option for "SELFcast Spell 3". If you set that to a comfortable button for you (maybe an extra mouse button), you will be able to instantly cast Black Shield on yourself at the speed of a summoner spell like Heal or Barrior. This is very useful if an opponent surprises you with a flash stun or you catch an ashe arrow out of the corner of your eye!

*always* start with a Crystaline Flask on mana based champs =)
~work a Voidstaff into your build after the Zonya and Deathcap.
Cloth 5 vs gp pantheon khaz etc?

GoombaStompin

Recruiter

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabaRune View Post
Cloth 5 vs gp pantheon khaz etc?
thats a great way of getting the most sustain/defense possible for the toughest of AD lanes =)