Shyvana's State in Season 3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

copperpoint

01-23-2013

@Paaske:
About her W: Thats not entirely correct. It only runs for that long, when you are hitting something.
Same for the CDR, if you let it run for the max duration +max CDR, then you can activate it right away again, but not if used in a chase/ escape, then the CD is somewhat around 6-7 seconds.
For a chase or escape it pretty much runs out after only 3 seconds. Even when maxed on 5 the gap doesnt change by that much. Besides the dmg, it really is better used as an escape, although any form of cc will stop you anyway. It can only be used to full potential, when combined with a frozen mallet or other slows, but for that you have to get to the target first.

So its really far away from an op chasing ability.

About 3vs3: The sunfire is a great start item vs ad heavy teams, as you can use the mail as 1st item on start and have a big advantage that way. From there it builds into sunfire for (rather low) dmg but some nice extra hp. I really like her tanky with a lot of HP (I hate to die) But I will try yours too, CDR is really neat on her.
Just tried it, but it doesnt work at all, for me you have to build tons of hp one her or she gets just nuked down.

The 20%CDR on frozen heart is great, but the mana is so wasted and it doesnt give hp.
In S2 I always used both CDR mast. (offensive + the CDR/LV in the def tree) It was great, I wish she would still have something like that. That really hit her hard.

She definately got outdated by S3 items, jungle and new champs.
Something has to be done about her.

Paaske Da Bes

01-23-2013

The main problem was jungle meta change (counter jungling and oracle change), and going full tank isn't tanky enough.

Frozen hearts mana is in most cases wasted anyway on who builds it eventually. It's not a bad item at all on shyvana just counter intuitive. Same goes with Cooldown reduction. The idea is auto attack's are the focus to make your abilities work, not the abilities themselves.

Lastly don't use my build if you are gonna be the main focus. You can't initiate with my build either unless you got an amazing follow up. You will in short rage havoc if left alone, to tanky for 1 guy to kill fast, and do tons of damage. You're a bruiser with my build. Strong 1v1 and aoe, good at punishing people for chasing other people.

To me it just seems like you're stuck in your "tank shyvana" playstyle. and my build earlier has 3.7k hp and around 200 armor (depending on boots), so maybe you didn't adapt the build order?

Also to put cdr in a bit of context easier understood
:

With a trinity force at lvl 18 only the difference between adding 40% cdr and 0% cdr is around 85 ad, without account for resistance.

Red Ryu

01-23-2013

Isn't her clear time still really fast in S3?

Axhliay

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ryu View Post
Isn't her clear time still really fast in S3?
Its the same as it has always been. 3;25. But you take a beating from it to the point where you can't do anything besides recall at level 4.

iRigel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axhliay View Post
Its the same as it has always been. 3;25. But you take a beating from it to the point where you can't do anything besides recall at level 4.
NO NO NO!!! Fook NO!

Lets try to explain this...

Who was the fastest jungler in S2? TRUE Shyvanas, she was about 20sec faster than Udyr or Nocturne, another 2 good junglers with amazing ganks abilities and respectable cleaning times... The trick with Shyvanas was outfarming the enemy and counterjungling whenever the enemy is ganking your allies and you are unavailable to countergank the enemy and help your allies.

NOW, with those season 3 changes (jungle changes and new items that benefits basic attack junglers and doesn't help a sheet Aoe spells jungler like Shyvanas with her Burnout) you just can't be AHEAD of the jungler enemy like before, with an equal cleaning time, you just can't counterjungle succesfully as before...

Shyvanas is just ANOTHER average jungler in terms of cleaning speed...
Shyvana's ganks aren't as effectives as another jungler ganks...

NOW, ANSWER ME:

Why would you pick her instead of Nocturne, Lee Sin, Maokai, Udyr or ANYONE?

Sustain?LOOOL
Tankness? Jojojo
Cleaning speed? Jajaja don't make me laugh, test it!! Nocturne is faster!! with his Shroud of Darkness that gives passive 20% attack speed and his AMAZING synergy with Hunter's Machete he is faster!!!
CC? YEAH sure
Gap Closser? Jijiji

You won't see her often in competitive games, pro people already know this.

This champ is OP

01-23-2013

I support this thread. Shyvana needs love.

Titanomagnus

01-23-2013

I quite agree with all above posts generally saying S3 has messed her up- compared to other champs, she has the least powerful gap-closers.

Shyvana needs a table-turning change, as she is, she's very useless, which is a shame because I love the art that was lavished on her, both model and covers for all skins- her ult is fantastic as well.

I'm very sad at the state Shyvana is in =(

XNoodleMuncher

01-23-2013

Bump shyv needs a buff imo

XNoodleMuncher

01-23-2013

Bumping

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

from the few games i've played she seems weaker then s2. the buff to jungle creeps made her less effective at the beginning and the buff to movement speed makes ganking harder for her since enemies move faster.