Haven't really played Dom PvP in quite a bit...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

What is the current meta? ( if there is one )

What are the best champs atm?

If there is a good guide atm, could someone provide the link ?

Ralfazar

01-19-2013

Pick a champ you enjoy, play the map and have fun. There you go.

The Fizznity

01-19-2013

4 top one bot still, if that counts as a "meta" -- mages and assassins get the most play nowadays.

Jayce and Kass are still cheesecake tier, Khaz and Teemo took nerfs this patch that may finally knock them out of it.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2244698

bierfaust

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralfazar View Post
Pick a champ you enjoy, play the map and have fun. There you go.
Wrong. Pick a champion that fits in well with the rest of your team setup if you aren't first pick.

Always play to win.

Have fun doing so.

That is how every game should be played regardless of whether you are casual or hardcore.

If you aren't trying to win (even if your lineup isn't that great) then you are a burden to your team.

Golly

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
4 top one bot still, if that counts as a "meta" -- mages and assassins get the most play nowadays.

Jayce and Kass are still cheesecake tier, Khaz and Teemo took nerfs this patch that may finally knock them out of it.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2244698
The link in this response is going to be your best place to start. It's more than just a tier list.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Thanks for the replies.

NamKim

01-19-2013

One thing I would say about champions is to pick a champion that you enjoy playing that fits into your team composition.

Such as, Nunu was considered "just average" bot laner but someone insisted on constantly playing him bot and it was later discovered that Nunu is actually an incredibly strong bot laner. So, just because someone is considered "average" or "sub-par," I am a believer that a player who plays a champion with superior skill will defeat even those of higher tier champions. And it may be discovered that perhaps a former "Average" champion is in fact "OP."

Skill is the number one factor in winning. It's just going against the higher tier champions requires a little more skill to beat.

Good luck, also join the "DominateDominion" chat room.
Watch the Dominate Dominion tournament tonight. It is a Riot-featured streamer so you can see it under the official streamer portal under Media -> Featured Streamers.

Darmival

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
One thing I would say about champions is to pick a champion that you enjoy playing that fits into your team composition.

Such as, Nunu was considered "just average" bot laner but someone insisted on constantly playing him bot and it was later discovered that Nunu is actually an incredibly strong bot laner. So, just because someone is considered "average" or "sub-par," I am a believer that a player who plays a champion with superior skill will defeat even those of higher tier champions. And it may be discovered that perhaps a former "Average" champion is in fact "OP."

Skill is the number one factor in winning. It's just going against the higher tier champions requires a little more skill to beat.

Good luck, also join the "DominateDominion" chat room.
Watch the Dominate Dominion tournament tonight. It is a Riot-featured streamer so you can see it under the official streamer portal under Media -> Featured Streamers.
It is kind of funny that you mention Nunu, at one point when I was playing several games of Dom per day I actually played Nunu a bit - but not as bot lane. I played him as a Supporty-Aura Tank. It actually wasn't that bad - Boots+Zeke's+FH+Aegis+2 open slots. The buff he can put on allies is actually kind of ridiculous. I also used Taric in a similar manner and it wasn't bad.

As far as the DD chat room,, if you mean the in-game one I've been auto-connecting to it for a long time now. Like I said, I used to play a lot of dom but then Riot kind of ruined it for me.

NamKim

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
As far as the DD chat room,, if you mean the in-game one I've been auto-connecting to it for a long time now. Like I said, I used to play a lot of dom but then Riot kind of ruined it for me.
Ah, I apologize. I went off your original post and I just assumed you were somewhat new. Haha, honest mistake, I swear.

Darmival

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
Ah, I apologize. I went off your original post and I just assumed you were somewhat new. Haha, honest mistake, I swear.
It is ok, lol. I'm not new - I'm just way out of date since I stopped playing heavily.
( [ normal ] SR PvP win total is 199 , Dom is 850 ) .. but I don't really remember the last time I played a real pvp game.