Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP Yi SHOULD NOT EXIST - About to quit LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DomenicMate

01-18-2013

I am sick of seeing AP Yi's coming along and winning the game for the enemy team, it's worse enough when they go top but when they're at bottom they almost have a one hundred percent chance to shut down the ADC, why? Because they can turret dive at level 4 with no issues. The meditate is literally like a second life, people are saying that you should counter it with abilities but by the time you react to it he's at full health.

His abilities are pretty useless late game but thats alright because he turret dives everyone and gets away with it at full health when the game hasn't even been on for 10 minutes.

My point is that the ability power ratio of the heal needs to be reduced to like 25%. (40 AP gives an extra 10 on the heal)

Míley Dyrus

01-18-2013

If you feel he's OP, play him.
I don't want to hear the excuse "I'M NOT GOING TO PLAY A BROKEN CHAMP". Play 10 games as him, post a lolking link to your stats, and then we'll talk.

Snipawolfe

01-18-2013

Quote:
MisterTangerine:
I don't want to hear the excuse "I'M NOT GOING TO PLAY A BROKEN CHAMP". Play 10 games as him, post a lolking link to your stats, and then we'll talk.

I downvoted you because I apparently can't click, but yeah. This is how you figure out how to beat some "OP champ."

ALL CHAMPIONS are broken or OP when you don't know what they do or how they work. When you know their limits, you can abuse them.

23scurtu

01-18-2013

these guys got point, unless you know how to use it properly and know how it works, shut up

jester82

01-18-2013

shrug. Not saying he is op, just very annoying to play againts but they are a few champ like that.

King Kappa

01-18-2013

So uh, play champions with strong late games and who cares if your ad carry dies if you can 5v1 while they focus him. Let the dude die, ad carries are usually jerks anyway

DomenicMate

01-18-2013

Quote:
MisterTangerine:

I see your point, I have used AP Yi before and I have played numerous games against him, every single time he dominates and our ADC is as useless as a level 1 with no items. You can literally bombard him with ultimates and his heal goes straight up. You're being harsh I didn't even say anything about a broken champ or me not playing him.

DomenicMate

01-19-2013

Quote:
jester82:
shrug. Not saying he is op, just very annoying to play againts but they are a few champ like that.

True but AP Yi by far has to be the most annoying, the turret diving is unbelievable.

Tawkoh

01-19-2013

Countering AP Yi is easy. Interrupt his meditate somehow. Fear, silence, and toss all work from my experience. I'm not entirely certain about stuns, but your team should have some sort of CC that can control his meditate.

TERRORIST WlNS

01-19-2013

I wonder if people ever heard of magic resist against ap yi, yes early game it may be hard but in end or even mid game he just falls If the team builds some magic resist, like vintage or something like that