Jungle role, from a confused player!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garbles

01-28-2013

Guides and knowledge surrounding the new TT map is hard to come by, so I'd like to ask a few questions.

the meta seems to support AD top with AP botton
sometimes...
1. An AD goes bottom with the AP
2. An AP goes bottomw ith the AP
3. A jungler starts lvl 1 in the jungler with or without smite
4. One of the bottom champions gain a couple of levels and ganks/jungles

I like the idea of starting in the junlge lvl 1 and giving my teamates two open lanes, but my teamates and I are not sure its the most optimal setup. I have a couple friends who do 1650+ without a dedicated jungler.

So my questions are:
1. Which one of the 4 methods is the most efficient?
2. Which junglers can effectively jungle from lvl 1, and is it a good idea to do so?
3. If you don't start with a lvl 1 jungler, how do you minimize gold loss from not ulitilizing the jungle in the early moments of the game?
4. Since smite is controversial on the map, how do you deal with jungle harass if you don't get it. If a team harasses me and I dont have smite I pretty much have to lane with the bottom or I get way too behind. Or is smite generally favored for junglers regardless.?

Sauron

01-28-2013

I heavily prefer someone starting in the jungle, and with Smite to ensure Vilemaw and slightly faster clear times = able to contest with enemy jungler, or invade if they are too slow.

Dimsumi

01-29-2013

get back to dominion you (kidding of course)

Takerial

01-29-2013

I feel on TT you don't get as much from smite as you do with other summoner spells.

Securing Vilemaw is so so as you have people like Jax who can solo her with just his W as soon as he gets a second vamp after his first completed life steal.

You're probably always going to be behind your teammates on TT as a jungler. As your role is usually less to do damage or more about ganking and mitigation. But as long as you either surpass or stay consistent with their jungler you shouldn't feel you are doing bad.

If they do constant harass, then you need to coordinate with your teammates to harass back with you as it's easier to return to cs on this map than SR.

lordfrezon

01-29-2013

I like the idea of a jungler in ranked teams because (hopefully) you'll have good communication for ganks and can get a very early vilemaw. In normals, however, most people will just rage you out for jungling, with or without smite.

thegoochmiester

01-30-2013

In ranked I love having a jungler. I don't see the opposite team often with one. Which means a good jungler with smite can clear both sides relatively easy. In normal unless I'm playing with my buddies I will jungle sometimes. But I don't like seeing a jungler. Too many bad experiences of them never leaving the jungle. Or going to gank from our entrance to the jungle.

Nuff Monkey Biz

01-30-2013

hey jungler is the way to go.... One of the best comps that my team runs is wukong solo top, cho solo bot usually against a duel lane.. cho has lots of sustain.. and a riven roaming jungle (with smite flash/exhaust) either or... gank top lvl 2 for easy fb then your team with a huge lead going in... wukong ult in then cho rupture silence gg... hope this helps guys

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
I heavily prefer someone starting in the jungle, and with Smite to ensure Vilemaw and slightly faster clear times = able to contest with enemy jungler, or invade if they are too slow.
This is what my team has been doing as well. We tend to use a tanky bruiser jungle, Darius, Olaf, or even just a tank, Volibear, Amumu.