Hey Riotnone, Riot promoted the HELL out of Dom, then dropped it after release

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralfazar

01-18-2013

What happened exactly with this?

I'm glad to see you posting here and all, got a question for you and any other posters here, my music just a few patches after Dom was released no longer is synced to the game, like how the drums match the bridge being built, it is all now 5-10 secons BEHIND the gameplay, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling fresh yet I still get this issue.

Well there got THAT out of the way, why did you guys go through ALL the effort you did promoting this map/game mode then shortly after release and a few patches seemingly drop it in the trash bin akin to TT?

Chavez Obama

01-18-2013

I think many dominion players would like a definitive answer to this question. All there is now is conjecture and musings.

Ralfazar

01-19-2013

I mean, they went as far as to create it's own little website/domain all for it, then it's like after it was released the devs went 'ok glad that's over with' and just closed it all down, wow, I think I get it now, the people who they cut from their lore department were the people that cared about dominion, with NO lore department, no more caring.

Camen Sieder

01-19-2013

I'm guessing because it would be impossible to balance for dominion and SR...

bierfaust

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKillMeFirstxX View Post
I'm guessing because it would be impossible to balance for dominion and SR...
It would be ridiculously easy to balance DOM (after a mechanics and map re-work tbh) if the people balancing DOM had free reign to change what ever they like knowing it wouldn't affect SR or TT.

But Riot don't want to have 2 separate sets of champion balance because they don't like the whole "burden of knowledge" thing. And their afraid of splintering the player base.

Personally I think that if you are going to play a game you should take 5 mins to learn how it actually works before you dive in and complain about things.

Tempestphile

01-19-2013

Too much money to flash at that time

Golly

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierfaust View Post
Personally I think that if you are going to play a game you should take 5 mins to learn how it actually works before you dive in and complain about things.
Here's the problem. There are no in-game tutorials for Dominion. Most of the LoL player-base do *not* check the forums.

You are looking at it through the glasses of hindsight, where you know where everything is, and it would be easily accessed by you or to anyone you could tell.

Even with SR, a lot of people will know basically how it works. They have come from games like DoTA, where the mechanics are very similar. There is an established community for SR. People have seen super-popular streams, and know basically how to emulate that behavior.

Sometimes whenever you enter the game, you see a big "Watch X tournament, right now!"

Can you point to something other than these forums and dominatedominion.com where someone can get comprehensive information about how to play Dominion? What items they should choose? How to get better?

If I'm a new player with no exposure to Dominion, I don't go to the forums very often, and I just want to fire up a game to see how it works. I will most likely play a few games and the following will happen:

I will lose horribly. I will either try to better myself by doing some heavy searching. Discover the guides by Nekrogen and Sauron, discover DD and find some people to help me get better and keep playing.

I will lose horribly. I will ragequit, and never play Dominion again.

I will win some games. I will play Dominion occasionally, but not really understand why I am winning or losing.

There are obviously other things that could happen, but you get the frustration of the new player.

If you do not, I suggest you check out this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3016738

Camen Sieder

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierfaust View Post
It would be ridiculously easy to balance DOM (after a mechanics and map re-work tbh) if the people balancing DOM had free reign to change what ever they like knowing it wouldn't affect SR or TT.

But Riot don't want to have 2 separate sets of champion balance because they don't like the whole "burden of knowledge" thing. And their afraid of splintering the player base.

you might claim it's easy, but SR is their money maker... It would require a lot of people involved in the balancing and champion creations to split their focus on dominion as well.

Could it be done? yeah, sure... easily? well, depends on how you view easily considering it cost money to have a team dedicated to dominion's balancing issues... I could see if dominion was taken serious by riot, but it obviously isn't something they care much about any longer. From what I have seen not much has changed since it was released, there is no rank option and I honestly don't think they want to nudge players towards dominion. If they did it would have an option for rank, just like how they don't want solo queue playing ranked TT games... No option because riot wants to keep people interested in ranked play, playing SR.

It makes sense from a queue time stand point, but I am so tired of this horrible meta riot has forced us into with supports. You can't even play a game without somebody trolling if they are forced to support.

Now, since I've been back draft mode dominion doesn't even exist anymore... Dominion was once a great place to be, but now I see a constant flood of players learning champs there because it doesn't affect their SR rank.