How should I build Xin Zhao?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BunnyBattleRiven

01-18-2013

Ever since I got the idea around my head that to get better at League and climb the elo ladder, I should learn a select few champions that hold similar roles. So I started off with Olaf a tanky dps with a great (true damage DD) poke. Having played around 20 - 30 games with him I tried to focus another strong solo top champ, which happened to be Xin Zhao. However when building Xin Zhao I often want to build him as tanky as Olaf, but I'm not sure.

How should I build Xin to do as much damage as possible whilst being as tank as possible?

What other champions similar to Xin and Olaf would I like?

p.s. They can both jungle : P

Dotislav Pro

01-18-2013

1. Armor or MR Boots / Frozen Mallet / Wit's End / Sunfire cape / Blade of Ruined King / The Black Cleaver
2. Armor or MR Boots / Wit's End / Randuin's Omen / Sunfire cape / Blade of Ruined King / The Black Cleaver

You can use: Ravenous Hydra or The Bloodthirster instead of Blade of Ruined King

What other champions similar to Xin and Olaf would I like?

Kha'zix / Rengar / Jayce / Irelia / Jax / Wukong

Devious Rogue

01-18-2013

I main Jungle Xin in ranked with over 75% of my ranked games as him (though that may soon change).

General Notes:
Phage early on is very useful - health, a supplement slow and some AD. Getting the crystal lets you dive. The AD scales with your abilities and autoattacks. The slow is great in ganks and for chasing. It builds into either a Trinity Force or a Frozen Mallet. One is defensive. The other is offensive.
Tenacity is almost a must - you will get CC'd a lot...
Machette can be upgraded to Spirit of Ancient Golem for Tenacity, HP and Armour in place of Mercs. Allows you to Jungle/Dragon/Baron quicker, or use alternate boots like Tabi (against heavy AD/auto) teams or Mobility Boots (troll/stomper build)
Blood Thirster > Infinity Edge because of the cost factor and you're not a Crit champ
Hexdrinker is useful early on against strong AP Comps, turns into a Maw of Malmortius later on
Ravenous Hydra is a horrible item to get on him - you're more that capable of pushing and downing towers as it is and you don't really benefit from the AOE

Sample Xin Builds:

(Assasin Carry - Fed Xin who deals tonnes of damage, takes out priority champs very quickly)
Mercs Treads, Trinity Force, Bloodthirster, Bloodthirster

(Anti AD)
Spirit of the Ancient Golem, Ninja Tabi, Blood Thirster, Frozen Mallet, Randuins Omen, Black Cleaver

(Anti AP)
Mercs, Frozen Mallet, Maw of Malmortius, Blood Thirster, Mercurial Scimitar

(Super Anti AP - only happened once in ranked against a team that was very strong)
Mercs, Frozen Mallet, Maw of Malmortius, Mercurial Scimitar, Banshees Veil, Blade of the Ruined King (I didn't have the hold for a BT.)

(General Tanky Bruiser)
Mercs, Frozen Mallet, Bloodthirster, Black Cleaver, Black Cleaver

(AD Debuff King - Troll build that uses your Ult to debuff as many enemies as possible while having epic Armour shred and Arpen)
Mercs, Black Cleaver, Black Cleaver, Black Cleaver, Black Cleaver, Youmu's Ghostblade