What's up with all those Chinese skins.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meteonyker

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
There are several NA skin in lol, from blatant Uncle Ryze and Statue of Karthus, very NA like Hilly Billy Gragas, and iconic NA in the various Old West skins like Noon TF, Desperado Cassiopea, etc...
Which all refer to United States, but, I'm REALLY fine with that! What I care about is creating lore related to real life event just to "loophole" something they said when they did not want to make Olympics skins.

and BTW 1st of July is Canada's day.

Dust Cloud

01-18-2013

I don't get why people complain about "chinese overlords". Almost every game has to comply with the American culture, don't see any "american overlords" or anything.

CheeseNOnion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Don't read too much into it; maybe the guy just didn't have a straight answer. They did the World Cup didn't they, which is a world event. Maybe they'll include Olympics next time.

Talith PA

01-19-2013

How come you don't complain about Valentines day, Halloween, and Christmas?

Meteonyker

01-19-2013

I think you guys don't understand that I'm not "complaining" about these skins. I'm complaining about the fact they said they wanted skins not to be related to real life events. But do it anyways. (like it was an excuse for not coming out with last Olympics skins and said that they won't do it for future "real life events")

Meteonyker

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseNOnion View Post
Don't read too much into it; maybe the guy just didn't have a straight answer. They did the World Cup didn't they, which is a world event. Maybe they'll include Olympics next time.
They did the world cup skins the same year as the olympics skins. After being questionned about not doing any skins for the last olympics, they said that they are not looking to make skins for Real Life events.