A Little Intimidated

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiddManiac

01-18-2013

Alright, so I just completed the Proving Grounds mission, found it to be incredibly easy, and fired up Battle Training.

That was probably the single most intense tutorial I've ever experienced. I was expecting it to be a cakewalk, but instead I ended dying three times, with two of my turrets getting destroyed. I had to keep retreating to let my health regenerate, or to let my minions catch up with me. Even when the tutortial said it was time to bum rush the enemy base, charging in and attacking other champions took away huge chunks of my health bar. And this was on Garen.

Is the game really this reliant on strategy, even in the tutorial, or is Battle Training supposed to be a walk in the park, and I'm just missing something fundamental?

iAgro

01-18-2013

Just started playing. Learned that rushing in and no being patient gets you killed. Retreating to recover and waiting for reinforcement is fundamental in battle.

Rooster DWSF

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddManiac View Post
Alright, so I just completed the Proving Grounds mission, found it to be incredibly easy, and fired up Battle Training.

That was probably the single most intense tutorial I've ever experienced. I was expecting it to be a cakewalk, but instead I ended dying three times, with two of my turrets getting destroyed. I had to keep retreating to let my health regenerate, or to let my minions catch up with me. Even when the tutortial said it was time to bum rush the enemy base, charging in and attacking other champions took away huge chunks of my health bar. And this was on Garen.

Is the game really this reliant on strategy, even in the tutorial, or is Battle Training supposed to be a walk in the park, and I'm just missing something fundamental?

Yeah I think but I also used a bit of strategy in the tutorial as well. Play bot games I played bot games until at least like level 9 or 10 then I started playing pvp. It helps you with the builds on your champion.

But in no way does it prepare you for pvp. It's way different than bots. You will probably lose your first few games but after that you will get the hang of it and be able to play with your team better. Once you get the hang of everything.

I am still working on getting some things down and trying to find my main players. So far it's ryze and annie and yi and ashe, and thats a lot of ands but eh.

If you ever want to play add me in the game. Also anyone reading this can add me as well.

Rooster Is Bad

corib3ar

01-18-2013

Strategy, patience, and teamwork. There's a lot to this game! Add me if you'd like to play

koolaroo

01-19-2013

If your feeling a bit intimidated I would recomend playing some bot matches until you feel comforable enough to play pvp.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-19-2013

I haven't done the Battle Training so I'm not sure, but does it tell you that turrets will immediately target you if you attack an enemy champion? Unless you buy a lot of health and armor, turrets deal a LOT of damage, and each consecutive hit deals more damage. There are very few situations in which you would ever want to fight the enemy under their own turret, so make sure you're not making that mistake.

Consider playing the Battle Training once or twice more before starting on Co-op vs. AI matches, to make sure that you thoroughly absorb all the info it gives you.

Delingar

01-19-2013

I found spectating to be helpful, either on streams found in game or on twitch. You get a better feel for other champ skills, and how to NOT be as aggressive as you might be tempted to be