[NA] - Starting Ranked Team - Seeking friendly, innovative, chill people

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SquarePeg

01-18-2013

I have been playing league of legends for about a year now, and since I was introduced to it by a friend, it has become the game I play the most, outclassing Minecraft and outlasting Starcraft II, my previous favorites. It takes my preferred elements from both of the above, specifically the hardcore strategy of SC II, and the teamwork component of Minecraft (I mostly played PvP and faction servers).

However, there is a problem with both of these desirable traits. They both are conditional on the team with which you are playing with; and this is really the crux of the problem. There are really three groups of people you can play with: random people, your irl or close online friends, and a team or group with which you play regularly.

Playing with your friends initially seems like the ideal option, but in reality is very situational. Firstly, all of your friends must be at approximately similar skill levels, mechanically. Secondly, your friends must be dedicated, interested and flexible enough to play at regular intervals, and play consistently well. Thirdly, your friends must be willing to accept leadership, develop and test strategies, and generally get in the team mindset. This is probably the least likely, very few friends groups will work with this. Conclusion: playing with your friends is fun, but it is more of a social game than a hardcore team/strategy game.

Playing with random people really doesnít work. I have played with probably upwards of 8,000 different people, and of those, maybe 50 made my experience more positive and fun. You canít get much better playing with these dysfunctional teams of people who just met each other and have an inset assumption that the majority of their team is hopelessly incompetent. Any given team will likely have someone who will rage at every mistake that is made, someone who will suicidally charge regardless of and someone who hates everyone indiscriminately. This is why playing with random people doesnít reliably work well.

However, the majority of these people are probably decent, normal people, if it werenít for their preexisting assumption that their teams are made of losers. Therefore, the third option comes to light. Why not establish a group of people, people who are interested in the same thing you are, from the largest possible pool available? Why not test them extensively for dedication, compatibility and amiability? Why not find a team based on the exact traits you are looking for, rather than trying to apply those traits to people who really donít fit them?

I am seeking a group of 4-6 individuals who are friendly, innovative, and fun to interact with. I am in EST and would prefer people who have the flexibility to play at a consistent hour for a reasonable time a number of days a week. Please be over 16 years old, level thirty, and have at least 200 games (normal games are fine, this is just mechanical experience) under your belt.

If you are interested and feel like, for once in life, you would like to play without people who hate your guts, please reply with the following:

1) Email address at which you will be able to be contacted
2) League of Legends Username
3) Skype username (tryouts will be held using Skype, once a team is established, further consideration may take place regarding the choice of communication program)
4) Least favorite of the traditional meta roles, and why
5) Any additional information you think persuasive (please note that this section, like the others, is mandatory XD)

Thank you, and I apologize for the massive wall of text, Iím just rather happy to finally be doing this.

KnightxSScarlett

01-18-2013

I only play Singed top, and I am a major troll. Also, your summoner name is the shown name on the forums. You do realize that, right?

ZanTwilight

01-18-2013

ZanTwilight@gmail.com
ZanTwilight
ZanTwilight (creativity points )
I don't like adc (too much pressure and too squishy) or support (can't carry useless teams).
You should know that I'm only 15, but I figured, close enuf. I'm mature and don't rage. My solo elo is garbage, but I learn quickly and don't get mad at criticism. Thanks in advance

SquarePeg

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
I only play Singed top, and I am a major troll. Also, your summoner name is the shown name on the forums. You do realize that, right?
well, some people have different accounts, and i posted this on numerous forums, most of them not associated with a summoner name

adc

01-18-2013

You can't outclass minecraft. The mods are too powerful.

ShadowStyler

01-18-2013

1) longo3171@hotmail.com
2 )Shadowstyler
3) ohsolong - Skype
4) Bot lane- Only play a good support blitz which is usually banned, had my days with adc i'm done with it.
5) I would like a mid lane role cause i reckon i would be well suited there. I can go pretty good top lane champs, My jungle is beast when i am playing amumu, nunu, xin yes very little choices.

I AM 16 8D !

Desperate Izzy

01-18-2013

1) xyy.supermale@gmail.com
2) Busy Izzy
3) isidro.ruvalcaba
4) ADC because of the pressure to carry (other roles don't feel like i have to carry, which is why i do well)
5) i like to main jungle, am open to mid, top, and support roles. i am really friendly, helpful, funny, and i take things serious. i learn from my mistakes and am always looking for feedback/advice to become a better player and or person.

The Wicken

01-18-2013

1)phillip.wickenheiser@yahoo.com
2)The Wicken
3)phillip.wickenheiser
4) Early tower push. It leaves an ADC with a frozen lane and no harassment so they can get all the farm they want and still deny the other team's ADC by making them have to over extend.
5)My top elo is 1642 in solo q with no duo partner. In each role I have 5 champs that i can play well enough for ranked. I am currently sitting at 1511 elo because of trolls and I wanted to find a real and active ranked team.

StuxneTwOw

01-19-2013

1)crespomak@gmail.com
2)StuxneTwOw
3)crespomak
4)I mainly play ADC when you will see my game then you will understand how i play can't explain in words i play with full aggression.
5) I rage, I don't feed, can fill all roles, not a noob.

SquarePeg

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuxneTwOw View Post
1)crespomak@gmail.com
2)StuxneTwOw
3)crespomak
4)I mainly play ADC when you will see my game then you will understand how i play can't explain in words i play with full aggression.
5) I rage, I don't feed, can fill all roles, not a noob.
unfortunately, not raging is rather a condition of an effective team player, therefore if you wish to be considered I would suggest you put some work into that problem of yours